Logi Browser
jmy246901

G930 Headphones? Do they work with the Xbox 360?

Do these work with the Xbox 360? I hate the ones that come with the system,looking to pick up some wiress headphones. Thanks for the help

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MorganM

Re: G930 Headphones? Do they work with the Xbox 360?

They do not work with any consoles.  It requires the software for the PC.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
joelleemn

PC gaming is dying... you should consider adapting these truly sweet looking headphones for the console market

Logi Browser
IIMacGyverII

Actually I did get them working on my xbox.  You need a computer, separate sound card and it's easiest with windows 7. 

You have to route the Xbox output to the line in on your computer etc.  You can use the digital output or the red and white RCA cables etc.  If you use the RCA cables you will need to convert the RCA jacks to a Headphones style connector etc. If you choose to use Digital Optical then make sure your sound card can decode Dolby DIgital.  Otherwise you will get a lot of junk noise and no real use. 

I'll try explaining.

1. From the Xbox audio out to the line-in(or digital optical in) of your existing sound card. 

2. Under Control Panel> Sound> Recording Tab.  Set your line in to "Listen" and set the playback to your logitech G930. You may need to lower the "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.  The xbox signal Strength is high.  At this point you should hear the audio from your xbox.

3. Set your Xbox voice chat option to "Play voice through speakers".  This will let you hear voice chat through your headset.

4. Use your audio out or speaker connection on your existing sound card and connect it to the headset jack on your Xbox controller.  You will need to convert it from 3.5mm on your PC side to 2.5mm on your controller side.

5. Under Recording again, set your G930's Microphone to "Listen" and the Playback device to your audio out or speaker connection from your existing sound card. You may need to lower the "Levels" of your audio out or speakers because it will be too high for the Xbox.  At this point other people should be able to hear you.

6. Test your microphone by sending a voice message to a friend and use the playback option(but don't send it).  This will let you get the right level so that you're not over powering other people's ears.

7. Test in a game and make sure you're not transmitting all the time when you're not talking.  If you are transmitting all the time then turn your level down until you're only transmitting when you're talking.

There is a bit of work to make this happen but it does work and it blows My old Trittons, X41's and my newer Astro 40's out of the water once you have it tweaked properly.  Plus you can play sounds and music on your computer and everyone in the game can hear it, but only if you want them to!

Logi Nu
kloudyyy

Would this same way work for ps3? Could you write a tutorial for playstation? Like..the way it connects to the computer and such?

Logi Nu
JonRothhh

Are you guys considering creating the driver for the g930 for the macintosh? I'm dying to use the 7.1 surround sound for them on my mac!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MorganM

As of right now, we do not have the software for the Mac OS.  This doesn't mean there never will be, but I do not have that information.  If there is software available, it will be posted both on the website and the forums.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Tricky2U

Here's how I got my PS3 (-minus a working mic/someone else post if you get the mic working) with the Logitech G930 Headset.

1. From the PS3 audio out to the line-in (or digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.

I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro!

Because I use the PS3 Surround Sound System also for the PS3/TV-Monitor for Optical Sound. 

If you have up to 3 Output Speakers sources, this 3-way Optical Switch makes it easy!
PS3 to IN/OUT of Switch
#1 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.
#2 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of PS3 Surround Sound System, input Digital.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28734-Explorer-Selector/dp/B0002OF2FC/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_a

2. Windows Under Control Panel> Sound> Speakers Logitech G930 Headset, make Default Device> Recording Tab, Digital-In make Default Device> Properties>  Listen, check mark "Listen to this divice", Playback choose Logitech G930 Headset. You may need to adjust volume in tab "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.

3. PS3 go to Settings> Sound Settings> Audio Output Settings> Optical Digital> UNCHECK "Dolby Digital 5.1 CH. & DTS 5.1 CH. & ACC" only CHECK all "Linear PCM's".

You should now hear the PS3 from the Logitech G930 Wireless Headset!

LDG
Logi Nu
LDG

I would also like to know this.

Logi Nu
orion71483

I have gotten my head phones to work with the game audio but I am still confused at how to get the mic to work.  Do I HAVE to have a seperate audio card in order to get the mic working?  I tried plugging an audio cord from my speaker output on my PC to my controller but got no signal.  I also made sure to set the head set on my mic to "listen" while setting the device to listen to my speaker output.  Is there anything else I could do aside from buying a new sound card?