Logi Browser
DavidWA
Accepted Solution

G940 fix

[ Edited ]
I can get my MOMO to work on the older 5.04 Gamer driver but not the new 5.06 driver.

And the G940 will not work with either.

I can see the G940 in the Game control panel and device manager in vista but you get no FFB in IL2 or FSX due to the driver issue.

Any help?
Message Edited by DavidWA on 09-12-2009 12:11 AM
Logi Browser
DavidWA

Re: G940 64 bit OS fix

[ Edited ]

G940 Logitech FFB 64 bit driver Fix... And the Grayed out calibrate in joystick properties. " this is the same bug people are asking about why they can't get more than 80% power in il2 from the throttles "

Uninstall your Logitech Gamer software.

And make sure you unplug the USB for the stick at this time and do not plug it back in until the install soft ware 5.07 tells you to.

Then 2nd

We have to use regedit. This is what fixed the install. Type Regedit in start run programs start search bar. This will get you access to your REG.

Warning Do no do this unless you have backed up your system with windows roll back. Just in case you can't follow directions and remove the wrong reg..lol

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE AND HKEY_CURRENT_USER. GO TO SOFTWARE FOR BOTH. THEN LOGITECH, and delta the LOGITECH GAME SOFTWARE file from both. If both have it. game software must be removed.

Then run Clear Calibration Utility:  http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm to get it.

I also used CCleaner.. go to filehippo.com for this and ran the REG cleaner only. http://www.filehippo.com/

When the software tells you.. Plug in the stick.. And it will give you 3 times in red .. Do you want to use this driver its not msn cert... say YES if it does. Make sure you say yes use it.

After this it saw the stick in the software for logitech profiler. And this will also fix the grayed out Calibration bug for the throttle and peddles and open the FFB settings for the stick if you get that bug from going from 5.06 to 5.07 with out using my steps.

I have tested this 3 times after getting it to work and I can get each bug to come back and go away each time.

Please post if this does work for you also and if not please post.

Its the only way we can help each other until they get a better gamer software install setup.

Message Edited by DavidWA on 09-14-2009 08:46 AM
Logi Browser
DavidWA

Re: Edited how to fix install and the Grayed out Calibrate in Properties

[ Edited ]

:smileywink:G940 Logitech FFB 64 bit driver Fix... and the Grayed out calibrate in joystick properties. " this is the same bug people are asking about why they can't get more than 80% power in il2 from the throttles "

Uninstall your Logitech Gamer software.

Then 2nd

We have to use regedit. This is what fixed the install. Type Regedit in start run progarms start search bar. this will get you access to your REG.

Warning Do no do this unless you have backed up your system with windows roll back. Just in case you can't follow directions and remove the wrong reg..lol

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE AND HKEY_CURRENT_USER. GO TO SOFTWARE FOR BOTH. THEN LOGITECH, and delta the LOGITECH GAMERSOFTWARE file from both.

Then run Clear Calibration Utility:  http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm to get it.

I also used CCleaner.. go to filehippo.com for this and ran the REG cleaner only. http://www.filehippo.com/

when the software tells you.. plug in the stick.. and it will give you 3 times in red .. do you want to use this driver its not msn cert... say YES if it does. Make sure you say yes use it.

After this it saw the stick in the software for logitech profiler. And this will also fix the grayed out Calibration bug for the throttle and peddles and open the FFB settings for the stick if you get that bug from going from 5.06 to 5.07 with out using my steps.

I have tested this 3 times after getting it to work and I can get each bug to come back and go away each time.

Please post if this does work for you also and if not please post.

Its the only way we can help each other until they get a better gamer software install setup.

Message Edited by DavidWA on 09-12-2009 12:09 AM
Logi Browser
wizzard0003

[ Edited ]

I have tried this over and over with both 5.06 and 5.07 and it just doesn't work for me... My Throttle calibration is still grayed out...

Also, when I "Test" the Joystick if I click any of the buttons on the stick it will jump around like mad, vibrate, slam around, etc... If I move the "Mini-Stick" this doesn't happen but it doesn't return to the center of the window... It stays off center to the north-west quadrant... If I move the Hat-switch below the Mini-Stick the main Joystick will move in the same pattern, ie; it replicates the movement of the Hat-switch...

The movement of the stick itself is NOT smooth in the least... It feels like you're grinding rocks when you move it, except for near center where it's sloppy and loose as a goose...

I haven't been able to use this unit at all and it's really depressing me... If I've paid 300 bucks for this and it dosn't get any better than this I will be royaly P-O'd...!!!

\\//_

Message Edited by wizzard0003 on 09-13-2009 02:23 PM
Foxconn A7DA-S - BIOS 81BF1P08 / Phenom II x4 940BE / 18 x 200 @ 3600.1MHz
2 x 4GB Kits (8GB) G.Skill PI Black F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ 4-4-4-12 24 2t
Thermalright AXP-140 with 120mm and Ceramique / MSI R4870-T2D1G
PCP&C 750W / Samsung 2253LW 21.6" LCD - 1680 x 1050
2 x 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD RAID-0 / W7RC1-64
Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II / VHP-64 SP2
DVDROM / DVDRW / Floppy / Logitech LX7
Wolf Claw II Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
Logi Browser
Deacon33

Wizz,

I'm with you. I've gon through the process of uninstall, regedit clean, cc clean, reinstall, plug in...about 6 times. All to no avail. I've tried running as admin and xp compatible when re-installing. My issue is now worse than it initially was. My throttle goes from 0-5%, that is all.

I'm very disheartend at the moment.

Deac 

Logi Browser
wizzard0003

[ Edited ]

I spent 10+ hours day before yesterday trying to get it to work and 5+ hours yesterday

and I'm getting really annoyed...

I noticed that when the software asks you to plug in your device windows also pops up

with the "New Hardware Found" box and starts downloading drivers from windows update...

I figured that maybe those drivers were interfering with the Logitech ones so I decided

to try uninstalling them... The unit got even wonkier...

I also tried NOT installing the Logitech drivers and utility... The stick is recognized in

games but the Rudder and Throttle STILL don't show up...

BTW, I've also used the "Clear Calibration" tool that DavidWA posted about in the SimHQ

forum (cleans out all previous calibration settings) and that didn't make the slightest difference either...

Wish I could return it but the etailer I bought from doesn't accept returns if the item has

been opened...

I've been wanting a Flight System since 2002 when I got my first computer and discoverd

Flight Sim Games, but I couldn't afford one untill now...

I'm really depressed about this...

What a waste of money...

\\//_

Message Edited by wizzard0003 on 09-14-2009 08:20 AM
Logi Browser
Deacon33

Hang in there Wizz, I have to have faith that Logitech will upgrade the drivers or provide a fix at some point.

To Dave, thanks for all the help you've provided so far! I hope to spend some time tonight working on this issue, with

the tech support area from Logitech (that's what the help line is for, I suppose).

Logi Browser
wizzard0003

Good luck, Deacon...!

Hope they have a clue as to what's up with this...

If you do make progress please report back...

And my thanks as well to DaveWA... Not his fault this isn't working for some of us

and I do appreciate his efforts to help...

\\//_

Logi Browser
DavidWA

[ Edited ]

I don't see were you both typed in regedit after you uninstalled the logitech game softe ware and cleared out the REG manually? Did you do this? It was the only way I could get Vista to see the new stick and install the drivers from the install.

It is very important that you not have your stick plugged in after you uninstall the game soft ware 5.07 or 5.06.

Next don't use 5.06.

then makes sure you stick " USB " is not plugged into you system.

Then run Regedit and got to the 2 reg logs I told you can remove any logitech/ game software files from the REG.

Then run the two tools I posted CCleaner, and the calibration too.

Then due to your problem I would reboot.

Then I would install the 5.07 logictech soft ware and when it says and only when it says .. plug your USB in.

It should see the stick and peddles and throttle at this time.

If not... Then I don't know due to this has worked every time I tested it and my MOMO works now with the 5.07 were it didn't before too along with my new g940. Deacon what time zone are you in we could get together on warclouds Team speak and I could walk this threw with you on it. I know the VA boys fly in warclouds but I didn't see you in there.

Message Edited by DavidWA on 09-14-2009 08:39 AM
Logi Browser
Deacon33

David,

I have followed the instructions almost to a "T".

Uninstall

Type Regedit and delete Logitech files in the software section's

Run CCleaner and calibration too.

Have not rebooted here...will try this.

re-install 5.07 and plug in when told (I have never gotten a message that MS does not recognize driver).

My system does "see" all three components and I go through the calibration for the joystick and throttle at

this point.

When I am using throttle I am now getting from 0-5% from the throttle itself...

I have tried installing 5.07 using XP compatibility, as administrator....I will try anything at this point. I am thinking of

plugging my CH Throttle Quad and using that with the 940 stick...

UGH. I hope Logitech has a real solution. This is a very, very nice set-up.