Logi Browser
JustmeyouSee
Accepted Solution

Gaming Software 8.5 - no G700 profiles??

[ Edited ]

The Logitech Gaming software was crashing (something with DX or the NVidia drivers or OpenGl, can't remember exactly - I've got GTX770) lately everytime I tried to click on the system icon to make some adjustments. Restarting the program did work thought, but I thought to be smart and update the program to 8.50.281 but that seemed to be a big mistake.

All my G700 and G19 profiles are gone. But the worst of all is that I can't make more than 1 profile on my G-700 mouse??

The choose profile button on top of the mouse doesn't even work anymore. It's not showing even profile 1 anymore on the side. Isn't this GAMING software? I paid top euros for the keyboard and mouse, how can this not be a bit simple like choosing a profile, customizing your buttons and save it like it always has before?

I'm using a LOT of customized buttons on LOTS of games and now I'm stuck pushing buttons way far from where my left hand pushes the WSAD keys. VERY annoying...  Sorry for sounding agitated but that's just how this software makes me feel, desperate and angry to come all the way to this forum and ask how this works, while it was always working and dang easy.

(even in the default profile, which seems to be the one from the keyboard; the mouse will NOT remember the 1000 rps setting and falls back to 500 when I try to choose a different profile. Which btw is not switchable by the usual mouse button

Switching DPI now has the orange color of switching profiles, HOW can this software be released?!

I used to be able to take my mouse anywhere and keep the profiles and settings, great I can forget about that now )

Logi Browser
JustmeyouSee

Re: Gaming Software 8.5 - no G700 profiles??

...and **bleep**, now my mouse seems to have normal 5 profiles but in the software it says it's asleep and need to turn it on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!

Logi Browser
JustmeyouSee

WHERE CAN I FIND BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE VERSION LIKE 8.4 ?! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS 8.5 VERSION

kgober
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 454

old versions can be found here:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming

also, you might find more information for this mouse in teh G-series Mouse forum.  the PC Gaming forum is mostly for devices like joysticks, console-style gamepads and driving controllers.  the G-series Mouse forum is here:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/bd-p/gseriesmice?nobounce

-ken

[ Edited ]

That is some nice information. I'll check it out! Thank you.

(I used to install the very old drivers from CD and work my way up there, searching the drivers by myself was a bit tricky because there are tons of websites bearing the name Logitech somewhere in the URL. I don't trust any of them)

Logi Browser
JustmeyouSee

[ Edited ]

No solution here, yet. I uninstalled 8.5, downloaded the proper 64bit version for Win 7 and it still gives this horrible profiles screen for my mouse, like all squares on top of the screen where you have to put profiles in but those only work for the keyboard G19

I'm going to try install from CD and pray to God it works.

I was doing a little game and adjusted my keys to that, then I went to play my daily MMO and had to adjust all the keys for that. Back in Windows I was wondering why my browser wasn't going a page back when I used the thumb key and then I realised how F up this all had become  :[

Logi Browser
JustmeyouSee

btw the error code on what 8.4 LGS crashes on is:

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver deteced a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. The application must close.

Error code: 3

kgober
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 454

[ Edited ]

you may need to disable enhanced graphics.  when enhanced graphics are enabled in LGS, it uses OpenGL.  if you don't want LGS to use OpenGL you can turn this off in the Settings window (access it via the gear icon).

if you can't access the Settings window because LGS keeps crashing, you can disable OpenGL by editing your settings.json file directly.  here's a post with instructions on how to do that:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/LGS-8-40-will-not-open/m-p/962551#M18566

-ken

A nice find. Thank you for trying to help me. I will keep that in mind if the 8.45 crashes again.

For now I'm glad to be able to use my mouseprofiles again, maybe thanks to 6.61.15 but it could be just that 8.5 or any LGS software resets the option auto detect games on which removes the option to choose from profiles. Not sure if that option was there before though but the profiles are still working that were stored in the mouse!

I dare not to install 8.5 yet so I cannot report anything about that at the moment. I will accept this as a solution and not sure if I can still reply.

Kind regards.

(so for now I got 8.45.88 and 6.61.15)