Logi Nu
C-HectiK

Getting the G930 headset to work with PS3 HAS to be some sort of way

[ Edited ]

i know its my fault 4 not reading fully about the g930 specs. but i see it does not work with the ps3. there has to be a way to get it to work with sound, mic, and all (dont care about the button assigning).......someone PLZ help!!

Logi Apprentice
dz302

Re: Getting the G930 headset to work with PS3 HAS to be some sort of way

It's not possible, and it's because of the PS3 not because of the G930.

Logitech has a new X-540 out, its the same as a G930 except there's no surround sound and it will work with a PS3 or Xbox 360.

PS3 cannot send audio through USB, it is a limitation put there by Sony.

Logi Nu
C-HectiK

that is true.. but i just raed on a forum that if you connect a optical to usb adapter that it will work. but how true is this? has anyone heard of this actually workin b4? hope i can get this figured . realy love the head set. so i hope i get help on this b4 im forced to return it

Logi Nu
Assassinus

It would be great if you could get it to work! If so post back and let us know!!

Logi Browser
IIMacGyverII

Actually I did get them working on my xbox or PS3.  You need a computer, separate sound card and it's easiest with windows 7. Thes are my instructions to make them work on Xbox 360.  The will work on PS3 as well but there are a few different steps relating to the PS3 that I won't get in to.

You have to route the Xbox output to the line in on your computer etc.  You can use the digital output or the red and white RCA cables etc.  If you use the RCA cables you will need to convert the RCA jacks to a Headphones style connector etc. If you choose to use Digital Optical then make sure your sound card can decode Dolby DIgital.  Otherwise you will get a lot of junk noise and no real use. 

I'll try explaining.

1. From the Xbox audio out to the line-in(or digital optical in) of your existing sound card. 

2. Under Control Panel> Sound> Recording Tab.  Set your line in to "Listen" and set the playback to your logitech G930. You may need to lower the "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.  The xbox signal Strength is high.  At this point you should hear the audio from your xbox.

3. Set your Xbox voice chat option to "Play voice through speakers".  This will let you hear voice chat through your headset.

4. Use your audio out or speaker connection on your existing sound card and connect it to the headset jack on your Xbox controller.  You will need to convert it from 3.5mm on your PC side to 2.5mm on your controller side.

5. Under Recording again, set your G930's Microphone to "Listen" and the Playback device to your audio out or speaker connection from your existing sound card. You may need to lower the "Levels" of your audio out or speakers because it will be too high for the Xbox.  At this point other people should be able to hear you.

6. Test your microphone by sending a voice message to a friend and use the playback option(but don't send it).  This will let you get the right level so that you're not over powering other people's ears.

7. Test in a game and make sure you're not transmitting all the time when you're not talking.  If you are transmitting all the time then turn your level down until you're only transmitting when you're talking.

There is a bit of work to make this happen but it does work and it blows My old Trittons, X41's and my newer Astro 40's out of the water once you have it tweaked properly.  Plus you can play sounds and music on your computer and everyone in the game can hear it, but only if you want them to!

Logi Browser
Brian Aery

After reading this I am considering bucking up and buying this headset. My only concern is, will I still have control of the volume in the party chat?  

Logi Browser
Brian Aery

Also, these are TOTALLY wireless? Meaning, does the headset have to be wired to the controller like the Turtle beach x41's just to party chat with my friends?

Logi Browser
Brian Aery

nevermind... I overlooked the part about 3.5mm to 2.5mm

Logi Nu
ZZZMrSleepy

[ Edited ]

The easiest way is this:

1. Connect the av cable from your ps3

2. Use only the red and white cable for the left and right audio, then buy this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399

3. After plugging the red and white cable in, go to your PS3 and choose the audio settings, select the Component out so that the red and white could send the sound out.

4. Buy a female to female usb changer

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Gender-Changer-Female/dp/B000BSN4UY

5. Plug in the wireless usb and you're ready to rock

HOPE THIS HELP IF U ARE WILLING TO PAY ABT 20BUCKS FOR A ADD ON TO MAKE YOUR $139 HEADPHONES WORK

NOTE:
The mic doesn't work but the sound is crisp clear.

Logi Nu
lohys87

hmm i don't see how getting a female to female converter can get the audio transmitted via the receiver. so the audio from ps3 outputs via dual rca red/white to....where?