Logi Rook
Ichijoe

Re: Gran Turismo 5 & Logitech G27

You calibrate a G2x on the PS3, or on the PC and in theroy on the X360, by simply making sure that the Power Connection is solid between the Wheel and the Wall (Powerstrip -> Wall), has been made.

That and that you also have your G2x also connected to your PS3, PC and although the X360 does not support the G2x in any fashion, once you have made those connections, and finally powered your Device, the Wheel should turn (IIRC), to the Right Lock, then to the Left Lock, then finally resting in the Center.

That's all there is to calibrating the Wheel...

Logi Nu
simotix

Now that some time passed, has anyone found a way to use G27 with no dead zones in GT5? I have been considering buying one, however, I don't want to purchase one and not be able to use it on my game of choice.

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

[ Edited ]

No you still can not alter ANYTHING for ther G27 on GT5 (PS3), this however is the fault of Polyphony Digital and not Logitech.

As far as GT5 and, the G7 are concerned however the "Wheel Chatter" found on v1.06 / v1.07 was fixed again with v1.09 & v1.10. As long as PD don't go screwing 'round with the Code again, it should be ok, that is to say it's about as good as it'll ever get.

Polyphony Digital, would rather you pick up their $600.00(USD) monstrosity instead of a G27 any how.

I gather that that Wheel *cough* the TM500RS *cough* has the full support that you seek.

Thankfully there are other Racing Games for the PS3 System, like F1 2010, and NFS:HP / Shift & Dirt that offer better support for the G27 then that of Polyphony Digital.

Upshot to all this?

I'll never support the Dev (i.e. PD) ever again.

Logi Nu
TypeREX

[ Edited ]

The G27 works perfectly fine with GT5.  Yes, there is some wheel chatter or vibration but only when racing a rough track with a car that has a lot of downforce, say a Ferrari F1 on the 'Ring.  There are no deadspots of any kind, clutch works flawlessly, no issues whatsoever.

Force feedback in GT5 is exceptional as well.  In Need for Speed Shift, not so much.

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

Well it took the best part of a year, but if the S0NY official Blog is anything to take seriously, then we could see our G27's on GT5 in about  Six days time. (e.g. Tuesday the 11th of October 2011). When Polyphony Digital release "GT5: Spec 2"

Source http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/05/gt5-functionality-update-2-0/

rjo
Logi Nu
rjo

At long last charles, i couldn't believe the news so i checked multiple sites.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1198335p1.html and

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-spec-2-0-dlc-details-standard-car-interiors-replay-controls-new-cars-new...

But it's confirmed,the g25 and g27 will get full support,i guess pressure and complaints and no doubt the inevitable release of forza 4 pushed them.

it's coming on october 11th, it just so happens that im getting forza 4 as well and that i have a week of from work :smileyvery-happy:

Plenty of time to check gt 5's spec 2.0 update and race around with the g27 and play forza 4 as well.

if you wont mind i will let you know if they did a good job or not.

seems the deal with thrustmaster wasnt a great one i guess, im not hearing anything if much about that wheel though,plus it was way too expensive in my view.

ps congratulations on your 30th anniversary Logitech, still going strong ^_^

with regards

roberto

Logi Nu
SergioMac

Hi,

This is for the guys who say the clutch work well in GT5. I already updated to spec 2.0, the patch which says the G25 and G27 are fully supported.

But when I'm on track, if I push the clutch pedal the gearbox goes to N position! There's no clutch function. Then how I use the clutch for start procedures or If I'm recovering from spin, it just goes straight to Neutral...  no sense.

Also, and this is not fault by Logitech I guess, the red top left and top right buttons from the wheel are not mapped correctly, they're just swapped with the first and fourth red buttons from the shifter body.

I hope someone clears the clutch issue

Logi Rook
Ichijoe

SergioMac wrote:

Hi,

This is for the guys who say the clutch work well in GT5. I already updated to spec 2.0, the patch which says the G25 and G27 are fully supported.

But when I'm on track, if I push the clutch pedal the gearbox goes to N position! There's no clutch function. Then how I use the clutch for start procedures or If I'm recovering from spin, it just goes straight to Neutral...  no sense.

Also, and this is not fault by Logitech I guess, the red top left and top right buttons from the wheel are not mapped correctly, they're just swapped with the first and fourth red buttons from the shifter body.

I hope someone clears the clutch issue

Now I'm no Auto Mechanic, but I would have thought that enabling the Clutch would be like putting the Car into Neutral, in as far as not to strip the gears. The point here being to engage the Clutch, switch the Gear position(s), and release said clutch into which ever Gear.

The problem, and I haven't re-tested since v2.00, was was getting out of First into Second, then onto Third (or getting down to first from Third, or Second, as this Shift was almost always missed unless you heald onto the Clutch and let off the Power for an otherwise extended period of time.

Having played on the G27 almost exclusively up to this point with GT5, I've pretty much have adapted my style 'round this, and it kinda works for me. It really only becomes a b!tch in the Licensees Section where you need to do the Take-off and Breaking parts on the TGTT. (see above), again if this glitch is still valid after v2.00 IDK. All I can say is running Car X either in Practice, or in some Event, I can not say that I've noticed any major problems with the shifter. And such as those that I do are down to poor driving on my part.

Logi Nu
toisldrx2

still cannot get clutch to sink with shiftr still n manual reverse mode need lil help

Logi Nu
toisldrx2

yeah man its some cars are not clutch equipd