Logi Nu
tripple888

Logitech Dual Action game pad

How do I program the left and right sticks on my Dual Action Game pad? I want to use them as my  Forward/backward  commands and right and left strafe.

Logi Browser
OrionsToy

Re: Logitech Dual Action game pad

[ Edited ]

if its a standard game with asdw controls and the D-pad is set to work as the keyboard asdw .. then just press the button that turns on the little red light ... this will swap the d-pad to the joystick and allow you to use it for forward backward and strafe

Just get the d-pad working to control the movement .. and then press the button to swap to the joystick :smileyhappy:

Edit: after re-reading ... I realized this isn't actually what you are looking for

Ok .. Click on the axis you want to change Axis Y  left is forward backward.

Click the forward axis pulldown and choose keystroke 1 and assign it to W ... or what ever keystroke is forward in your game.

Do this for the backward axis .. then the right joystick left and right axis .. again assigning the keystrokes relative to the game.

Logi Browser
OrionsToy

Re: Logitech Dual Action game pad

Just one note though... If you are using Windows 7 64 bit ... Most likely assigning keystrokes will not work ... The profiler software doesn't work with Windows 7 64 bit even though there is a version specifically made for the 64 bit version of the OS.

I have been trying to get answers as to why the software doesn't work with Windows 7 64 bit ... but to no avail. I haven't even been able to determine if I'm wrong and it does work just not on my system because no one has replied to my posts, not even to say they have got theirs working.