Logi Nu
darosw

Logitech G27 and Playstation 4

[ Edited ]

Hallo Logitech, I just wanted to ask you if there will be a possibility to play PS4 Racing Games on a Logitech G27 Wheel???

Since Yesterday you can preorder a PS4 and I already bought a G27 last year and i need to know if I will buy a PS4 if I dont have to buy another Wheel.

And you are working all the time with SONY so you must too know such things.

Please answer quickly as possible because I want to eventualy preorder a PS4 if there is a full support for G27.

greetings

Dariusz W.

Logi Guru
ktang0717

Re: Logitech G27 and Playstation 4

I think that's more on game developers rather than Logitech to get support for the G27. It has to deal with how the games themselves recognize input from the racing wheel. I don't know too much regarding game development and all the intricacies involved, but just my 2 cents.

Logi Nu
ddalley

Thanks for asking, darosw! A lot of players want to know the answer to this question.

Considering the changes at Logitech, recently, it would comfort a lot of their customers if they clearly answered this question now.

Logitech, is there any reason for us to believe that there will be any problems using Logitech wheels with either of the new consoles, especially the PS4?

I think I read that the new XBox won't work with even Fanatec wheels that were compatible with the 360, so will the new XBox work with any of your wheels?

Logi Nu
The_Fireball

I'd certainly like an answer to this with regards to the G25 too
Logi Nu
Bruhn

Hello Guys my parents have offerd my to buy the wheel for me. but i did not understand if it would work for ps3 and ps4 or will there come a Logitech G27 ps4 edetion? please quick anser

Chresten Bruhn

Logi Nu
hand_soap

I need to know if this wheel will support PlayStation 4. Please give us a decisive answer on this!! People need to know!

Logi Nu
zase

I´d like to buy a G27 to use it with the computer by now... but I´m planning to buy soon a PS4 as well so I am waiting till I know if the wheel is compatible. 

Please Logitech give us some information! :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
Jackmouve

As of right now I can tell you NO, the G27 does not seem to be supported on PS4.  I have Need for Speed Rivals and there is no functioinality.  The G27 powers on, but that's all.  Need for speed Rivals on PS3 does support wheels, as do al of the 10 racing games I have on PS3.  We'll see what the future brings... They will have to work with Son y to get support which should amount to having a driver update and prehaps a firmware update, but they really hav e no choice but to support the PS4 and Sony should have a big desire to support it too if the want to sell Gran Turismo 7 in a couple of years.

Logi Nu
rmm64

I can say having just tried, NFS: Rivals on PS3 does have limited G27 wheel support, but what does work is not enough to actually play. Pedal function is dead, acceleration and braking are mapped to the button wheels, pursuit tech only functions on the X,O buttons on the shifter, and there's NO remapping ability for a wheel OR the PS3 controller. All functions are locked on the default mapping. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE game development. Logitech, please contact EA and Criterion and work this out. You have MANY unhappy customers who have spent hundreds of dollars buying your product so it can sit and a corner and gather dust. NOT HAPPY!!!

Logi Nu
exserco

Ive been reading on a German forum today, that there might be a solution in the near future:

http://www.ps4-forum.de/news/playstation4-logitech-sichert-support-t1344.html

Can someone at Logitech PLEASE confirm this?

Otherwise I have to go look for another racing wheel.