Logi Nu
wytefolks

NEED HELP SETTING UP MY DUAL ACTION CONTROLLER

I JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY IM TRYING TO PLAY A ONLINE FPS GAME CALLED COMBAT ARMS BUT THE LOGITEC PROFILER IS NOT PICKING UP THE ANALOG STICKS AND D PAD FOR CHARACTER MOVEMENT  WHEN I GO TO THE GAME ALL THE OTHER BUTTONS PICK UP  IM LOST I FEEL LIKE I GOT RIPPED OFF SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Logi Apprentice
0RazR0

Re: NEED HELP SETTING UP MY DUAL ACTION CONTROLLER

Relax. Yes logitech gamepads are sometimes not supported by games by default. But your gamepad isnt useless. In such cases, you have to map the controls to gamepad buttons using the Logitech profile software. Doing that you create Profiles for different games in it. It is available online. A copy must have come with your gamepad package but you can Download it from Support section for the latest version.

In case of America's Army, the problem is the game is online mutilplayer. Such games use anti hack softwares that only allow keyboard and mouse to work. They treat gamepads as "hacking tools", as weird as it sounds.

I help people by making profiles here in this forum. I already have AA 3 profile in this forum ; go here to download it. But the profile will not work because of the anti hack software. I would still ask you to download and try it out. Let me know if it works.

If you are looking for more profiles, visit my account and go through my posts you might find them.

Logi Apprentice
0RazR0

Sorry, you asked for combat arms not america's army. Misread that. Go here for Combat arms.

Logi Nu
daphne2

Hi.  Got a new PC, Windows 7, quad core processor.  Got a new game, Oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV), works fine using keyboard & mouse.  Got a new gamepad, Logitech Dual Action, model G-UF13A, installed it and it does not work with my game.  I don't know if it's the game, the Windows 7, or the Logitech gamepad.  HELP!!!!!   I would much prefer to use the gamepad than the keyboard/mouse.  Thanks in advance.

Logi Apprentice
0RazR0

Ok i ll try to help u. My pc is 2 years old. Dont know if i can play oblivion it to make the profile. But let me try. If I cant play it I cant make the profile also. I ll let u know by tomorrow.

Logi Nu
daphne2

Hi RazR...... have you had any luck with helping me out with the Logitech controller G-UF13A, with using my new game Oblivion??  

Logi Nu
ArcticCloud

I started playing this game recently too.  The major issue was that the 'Camera Look' couldn't be mapped to the right stick.  So my player could move back and forth, but I couldn't look around without the mouse. 

Start by installing the logitech profiler software from the logitech website.  Create a new profile for the Oblivion game.  It will next ask you to browse for the game file.  Direct it to the Oblivion.exe file. 

Next step, map the right stick x and y axis to the mouse x and y axis on the profiler program.  From here on, launch the game from the profiler.  You should probably lower the mouse sensitivitey in the game.  Hope this helps for now.

Logi Nu
Amdms8

I bought my logitech dual action controller about a year ago.I haven't been able to use it. I don't know if I need to just plug it in or if i need to program it. I don't have a clue even where to begin. I am trying to play Diablo 2. Can anyone tell me what to do for the setup from beginning to the end. Amdms8@gmail.com 

Logi Nu
hiflyen

Here is what I did to set up my G-UF13A dual action game pad for my PC. This is courtesy of cheatcc. com. Items in red are changes. Then go to the controls setup in game.  I set my controls as such; Attack button 1, Activate button 4, Block button 5, Cast button 3, Ready Weapon button 7, Sneak button 12, Always run button 11, Jump button 2 and Grab button 6.  It doesn't work exactly like the PS 3 but it is close.

Find your Oblivion.ini file (typically in
My Documents\My Games\Oblivion) and open this file in a *text* editor such
as Notepad. (Don't use Word or WordPad or other word processing program.
Stick with a simple, plain text editor.)

Find these lines in the section headed [Controls]: and change to the following.

fMouseSensitivity=0.0020
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack=6
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=3
fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=2
iJoystickLookLeftRight=1
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020

These are the default movement (left analog stick) and camera (right analog
stick) controls. Specifically, the Look (i.e. camera) controls may not be
set properly for your joystick. If moving the right analog stick has no
effect on the camera, change these two lines:

fJoystickLookUDMult=1.000
fJoystickLookLRMult=1.000
Logi Nu
ttimothyp16

hey can u help me i bought that controller and i got all of the buttons set up except i cant figure out how to look around and assign it to the right analog stick. normally you use the mouse and move it around to look but since it isnt a key stroke i cant out how to do it. oh and if it makes a difference im playing battlefield 2.