Logi Nu
Albatross

New G930 wireless headset compatible with the PS3?

I have read a couple of reviews about the new G930 wireless headset, but no mention of PS3 compatibility.Will this product work with a PS3? I realize it is not bluetooth, but I am not sure what type of connections the transmitter has.

CharlesB

Re: New G930 wireless headset compatible with the PS3?

The PS3 currently does not output audio across anything except RCA plugs and optical. The G35 plugs directly in via USB, and requires the host device to be able to export audio as USB.

So, unforutnately, no .

Logi Nu
Quickneon

I have a G35 headset that I have set up on my PS3. Everything works fine until I go into GT5 then the mic doesn't seem to work. I can hear the game through the headset but I am just unable to speak. Any advice.

Logi Nu
rthompson955

DId you have to set up something on the ps3 to be able to hear the game on the headset? 

and another question, gt5 is the only game you have problems with? or Mic has problems with other games?

Logi Nu
Andino

you say that but I have a wired set of logitech headphones that plug in USB in the ps3 and they work.

why not my G930s that were $150?

So whats the deal. "No output via usb" but these output via usb through a wire? If its not capable of output why are these working?

Logi Apprentice
dz302

afaik only VOIP can go through USB on the PS3.

Logi Nu
bmg0494

What I don't understand, is the F540 is compatible with PS3 and is wireless, but doesn't have 7.1 or even 5.1 dolby surround sound. Yet the G390 does and isnt compatible, because it plugs in vis USB. Why not use the box from the F540 and use it for the G390. Wouldnt that make sense Logitech?

Logi Nu
Chriskr22

PS3 player here. I have a G540 and absolutely love it. I just laugh when I hear people arguing over why they didnt hear enemy footsteps behind them. I have talked up this headset while others swear on Turtle Beach, and then while spectating a teammate who has a "better" headset than me, I consistently am able to hear things while they cannot. Their loss. However...headsets are getting better. And I am finding now that Logitech does NOT have a predecessor to the G540. WHY!?!?! I just want a wireless headset with either 5.1 or even 7.1 surround that WORKS WITH THE PS3! You guys at logitech are really missing out on a huge part of the market. I tried Logitech first, but now I am forced to go elsewhere to get what I need...because Logitech is the ONLY provider that doesn't seem to offer what I need now. Sorry Logitech... I wanted to give you my money. PLEASE COME OUT WITH SOMETHING SOON! I dont want to cheat on you!