Logi Browser
vlvkobal

Solution for the error "Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers"

Hi guys,

I've got G25 Wheel, Force 3D Pro, Extreme 3D Pro Joysticks and MX Revolution Mouse. The OS was updated to Windows 7 a month ago.

Recently I've got a problem with Logitech Gaming Software. All my gaming devices were detected by Windows properly. But when I tried to run Logitech Profiler I got the message "Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers".

I've spent almost two days to settle this behavior. I searched for the solution at several forums and found many similar complaints and very few solutions. Any solution found didn't work for me. I tried reinstalling software several times, updating drivers manually, changing BIOS settings for USB controller, deleting calibration data, deleting some Logitech software folders that remain on the disk after uninstallation, connecting devices to other USB ports, disconnecting/connecting devices at various stages of uninstallation/installation/booting... I could have tried something else but I don't remember by now :smileyhappy:. Probably the most serious problem was in the driver files which kept their old versions and some where not installed at all after all the manipulations.

The solution. It was not too easy, but at least it worked for me. I've totally removed all the Logitech software and drivers and reinstalled it from scratch. If you want to try this method be very careful! Especially with editing the registry!

What I did:

1. Disconnected all Logitech gaming devices.
  2. Uninstalled all Logitech software (Gaming Software and SetPoint).
  3. Removed folders C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech
  4. Removed file C:\Windows\system32\WmJoyFrc.dll
  5. Removed files WmBEnum.sys, WmFilter.sys, WmHidLo.sys, WmVirHid.sys, WmXlCore.sys from C:\Windows\system32\drivers (I removed Logitech mouse drivers too).
  6. Removed oem*.inf and oem*.PNF from C:\Windows\inf that refers to Logitech drivers.
  7. Executed regedt32.exe and deleted all keys, that refers to Logitech devices or software except drivers under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\*ControlSet*\Enum keys. Warning! You may found the word "logitech" in the key, that refers not only to Logitech software. In my case I found only one such key.
  8. Removed all Logitech drivers as described at http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm
  9. Rebooted the computer.
  10. Installed Logitech Gaming Software 5.08 (connected all gaming devices at prompt during installation).
  11. Rebooted the computer.
  12. Installed Logitech SetPoint.

Voilà! Everything is working properly. :smileyvery-happy:

Best regards,

Vladimir

Logi Nu
brenbol

Re: Solution for the error "Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers"

Hii vladmir,

I've been searching for anyone who can help. i use g25 for driving simulator and usually use windows xp. I am trying to up-grade to windows 7 but must use xp for simulator software, so i've got xp running in vitutal mode. controls work fine in windows 7 but as soon as vxp is launched the controls are no longer dertected. Any thoughts???/

Logi Browser
NoPerv

Re: Solution for the error "Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers"

Thx vlvkobal

it worked for my Logitech gamepad and Vista 64bit + Logitech software 5.10 64bit.

Logi Nu
TheSpaceMuffin

MAAAANN!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST WHO HAVE HAPPENED TO THE INTERNET SINCE THE 1960s!! TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM; DO THIS! IT WORKS!! I have windows 64-bit and i didnt find the registry stuff, or that hidden usb stuff... BUT IT WORKED WITHOUT IT! Its amazing! thank you so much! I started to wonder if i had wasted my money, but then you showed up! The logitech G940 is awesome! Logitech FTW & FOREVER!

Logi Nu
Aullido13

I've spent the last 2 days looking to revert my drivers for the Rumblepad 2, since the profiler did not detect it after an update. I followed your steps and reinstalled, it worked PERFECTLY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Logi Nu
spirit_66

That's a very helpful comment.

I did step 1 to 4 and after this my G940 was recognized again.

Thank you very much for your efford.

Logi Nu
Fiideell

Guys I need help. Mine G940 was working just fine, but then the pedals got too sensitive so I tried it on my laptop. It wass working fine. So on my PC I wanted to update FW but the process got stucked somehow. And since then my Profiler is unable do detect the G940 but when I pluh it in to the USB port windnows says new device connected. But thats it :smileysad: Whan do I need to do please? I even did complete reinstall of my PC with W7 but no luck

Logi Nu
Fiideell

In the device manager it only shows as unrecognized HFU.

Logi Browser
vlvkobal

Hello Fiideell,

If you didn't format your hard drive before you reinstalled Windows 7, old files are still present there. I think that's the problem. Format your system partition and install Windows from scratch or try to apply the solution step by step.

Best regards,

Vladimir