Logi Nu
Tullekuken

The Witcher 2 G35 FIX (without uninstalling Logitech drivers)

Hi! I found a fix that might work for some of you, atleast it did for me. Uninstalling the Logitech drivers is not necessary.

This fix involves sending the sound through "stereo mix" and then to your headset. You need an integrated soundcard for this fix.

Follow these steps:

1. Right click the sound icon in the right, bottom corner in the system tray. Click "playback devices".

2. Set your integrated soundcard as the default device, by right clicking it and select "set as default device".

3. Next, click the "recording devices" tab at the top. If you can't see "stereo mix", right click anywhere inside the white area. Then click "show deactivated devices". Right click stereo mix and activate it. You might have to restart your computer.

4. Set stereo mix as "default device", then right click it and click "properties". Go to the "Listen" tab at the top.

5. Select "Listen to this device", and choose the G35 Headset.

To test if the sound is playing through your headset, go to "playback", right click your integrated soundcard and click "test".

Logi Nu
andreass

Re: The Witcher 2 G35 FIX (without uninstalling Logitech drivers)

It works!! Thanks a lot!

Bho
Logi Nu
Bho

Thanks very much! This worked perfectly.
Logi Nu
Tullekuken

You're welcome! :smileywink:

Logi Nu
Lirik

[ Edited ]

Hey, thanks for the fix.. only thing is now the audio plays from both the on-board and the headet, so how do you shut off the on-board and only have audio through the headset?

Logi Nu
Tullekuken

I'm not really sure if you can turn the onboard speakers off in windows, but you might be able to disable them in the bios. The downside by doing this though, is that you must enabled them again if you want to use your onboard speakers.

Also, not all computer has this option in their bios.

Logi Nu
Cephsus

Could use a Windows XP guide. I cant really find any of the methods you mention there under "volume", except changing the device to my onboard. But that still produce no sound via the G35 headset doing just that.
Logi Apprentice
dz302

Thanks a ton for this fix, smart idea.

Would be nice to get a script that can make and undo all of these changes for when you want to play.

Logi Nu
PreedSwe

Did not work for me.. :smileysad:

I tried Logitech support.. They replied basically with "Make sure you have selected G35 as default playback device" and to reinstall the drivers... *duh*

I urge everyone with a G35 to submit a support ticket and perhaps Logitech will squeeze out a new driver that works..

Logi Nu
Omniblivion

Hi Guys,

I tried the instructions above and it didn't solve my problem.

I did, however, try a similar setup with some old headphones-

For whatever reason, Windows 7 was not showing the onboard sound for me to choose- I simply plugged in an old crappy pair of headphones, set them as the default 'speakers', and followed steps 3)+ ... the sound works perfectly now in game.

Thanks!