Logi Nu
Zoidberg_QC

Will the G27 steering wheel be compatible with PlayStation 4?

Hello,

I am considering to buy a G27 steering wheel, but since it's kind of expensive I would like to know if it's going to be compatible with PlayStation 4 or not?

Logi Guru
ktang0717

Re: Will the G27 steering wheel be compatible with PlayStation 4?

That's kind of hard to say. It depends on the PS4 (if/whenever it's released) and how it detects USB devices. It's hard to ensure compatibility for future things, typically things are backwards compatible, not always forwards compatible. This is a question better asked to Sony and their PlayStation team than Logitech.

Logi Nu
Zoidberg_QC

Ok, but Sony must have some communication channels with Logitech. I mean, logitech needs to know what kind of controlers to develop for the PS4 before it is released. Didn't Sony communicate with Logitech? PS4 is supposed to have usb port, as is the next microsoft  xbox console supposed to. Does it mean that PS4 will recognize the G27 logitech steering wheel?

I want to buy a 300$ steering wheel, and I need to know if I will be able to use it with the next gen consoles. I don't want to wait MONTHS before I buy that wheel, PLEASE. But I won't spend that much money on a wheel if I'm not 100% sure that it will work on at least one of the next generation console. So, PLEASE, :Logitech, contact Sony and see with them if the G27 wheel will be compatible with the PS4, PLEASE!

Logi Guru
ktang0717

Hard to say for that as well, Logitech did announce they will be exiting the console gaming business.