Logi Browser
Perceval

Wingman Formula Force GP and Vista 64

Hey everyone. I recently got that device, which I haven't managed to get fully working under Vista 64-bit. I first had to use the "report combined perdals" in order to have them work but now, I have no force feedback whatsoever in my games. I only tried NFS underground, though. Since it's my first wheel ever, I don't know if it's supposed to be activated even though I'm  not currently in a game, or if it only activates when starting a game. I've installed LGS v5.04 and tried virtually every setting combination.

I've read in an older thread that the old Wingman Formula Force (without suffix) isn't supported but if I remember correctly, I've read that the GP version should be. Either I'm mistaken or I'm missing something. Anybody has experienced this? Thanks in advance for any reply. :smileywink:

Logi Browser
Perceval

Re: Wingman Formula Force GP and Vista 64

Anybody?
Logi Browser
Perceval

Wow. Disapointing support and help. I would have at least expected something from one of the Logitech guys. If it's the level of support I can expect from now on, I'm not sure I'll be interested in investing in Logitech in the future...
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
JSMO

Hi Perceval

This forum is mainly for User 2 User support.

Some Logitech representatives hang around her but there is no time frame on their replies.

May I suggest Calling Logitech for Support?

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Kez
Logi Nu
Kez

How to make the Logitech Wingman formula force work in Vista and 64 bit windows 7

Download 64-bit drivers for the Saitek R440 from here

If this link stops working, you can visit the Saitek page here

Extract the Saitek_R440_Force_Wheel_SD6_64.exe file somewhere (You might need Winrar to extract the *.exe).

Now, you need to find the hardware id for your wheel. Plug everything in, and go to your device manager. You'll see Wingman or something with a yellow ! next to it. Right click it > properties > details tab > select hardware id from the drop down menu.

It will look like this.. USB\VID_046D&PID_C291&REV_0100

Now, go to the folder where you extracted the Saitek drivers, in the "FF04" folder, open the file "SaiFF04.inf"

Look for "[SAITEK_MODELS.NTamd64]" below that there are 2 lines. Paste your hardware id onto the second line after the "SAI_USB_Inst,". It will look like this:

%USB_NAME%= SAI_USB_Inst, USB\VID_046D&PID_C291&REV_0100

All you need to do now, is find your wheel in the device manager, select "driver update" and point your browser to the folder with the saitek drivers in. The edited .inf file will make windows assume this is the correct driver and install it.

I tested and calibrated this. It works really well :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
akiss

KEZ you are THE MASTER>:smileytongue: I join the forums, only to say thanks you. my wheel is working again thanks to you.  I have try to modify the logitech drivers without luck in the past to make my wheel work.You are the best. :smileyhappy:

RESPECT!!!!