Logi Nu
effka

Wingman Formula Force and Windows 7 x64

Very dissapointed that my Wingman Formula Force wheel will not work with Windows 7.

I know it is an old product but my wheel is in perfect condition, it looks just like when I took it out of the box some 10 years ago and now I have to throw it in the bin?
I payed good money to Logitech for this product and now I am forced to buy another one? Guess what brand that will be...
I understand the old force feed back technology but Logitech please at least give us a driver so the unit is recognised and can be used even if it is without the Force Feedback.

Logi Nu
dante2

Re: Wingman Formula Force and Windows 7 x64

Good luck.

Logi Nu
cobrasixtysix

Im in the same boat, wheel in perfect condition and no support from logitech for W7 x64....I think what logitech are saying to us is "don't buy one of our quality controller, buy a cheap and nasty one that will break quickly and so eliminate driver and support  issues. C'mon logitech.I'm really jaded with you guys over this.

Logi Visitor
kleineMax

[ Edited ]

Did you just tried the latest  Logitech Profiler?

I mean.. maybe it works :smileyindifferent:

Cause this is the list of supported devices from the Readme of the latest Profiler:

1.3   Unterstützte Geräte

1.3.1 USB-HID-Geräte

WingMan Cordless Gamepad
       WingMan Rumblepad
       WingMan Formula GP USB
       WingMan Precision USB
       WingMan Force 3D
       WingMan Strike Force 3D
       WingMan Formula Force GP
       WingMan Attack 2
       WingMan ActionPad
       WingMan Formula (gelbes Lenkrad)
       WingMan GamePad (schwarz)
       WingMan Gamepad Extreme
       WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
       Logitech Attack 3
       Logitech Driving Force
       Logitech Dual Action
       Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
       Logitech Freedom 2.4
       Logitech MOMO Force
       Logitech MOMO Racing
       Logitech RumblePad 2
       Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
       Logitech Precision Gamepad
       Logitech Racing Wheel
       Logitech Driving Force Pro
       Logitech Force 3D Pro
       Logitech Formula Force EX
       Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
       Logitech Driving Force GT
       Logitech Flight System G940
       Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Logi Nu
kallsop

I'm in the same situation. Love my LWFF and it works perfect, but now I can't use it as I have to run Windows 7 x64. I bought the ball bearing upgrade kit and modified the pedals for longer travel. It's only weakness is limited lock to lock degrees compared to some of the newer wheels, but even so, it's been well worth the initial investment. Now I have to change, because I won't be fooling around with dual boot.

If you buy a new wheel, what are you going to get? Obviously I won't be buying anything Logitech after being abandoned. Maybe one of the Thrustmasters?

Logi Nu
MaxPayne

Me too. I have Wingman formula force, i love it but now i have win 7 x64 and it doesn't work because of drivers. Please someone know how to fix? =(

Logi Nu
Jässe

Got a new PC with a 64 bit Win7 and started to google if it possible to make my old Logitech Formula Force work. It seems that Logitech has killed this product for good for new Win OSes:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Gaming-General-Discussion/Logitech-WIngman-Force/td-p/159864

I'd like to thank CharlesB to coming out and trying to explain the situation.

However, I'd be happy if the wheel would work without forces whatsoever. I believe that many othres would feel the same way.

Logitech has also expressed that the users should buy a new wheel. Actually I've done that as well, but it seems that Logitech can not feed the market currently. I've ordered my new G27 over a month ago, and still my dealer can not even tell when the product is available or when they are going to get a next shipment. G27 is completely out of stock in Finland in the whole country.

So my old wheel is dead and I cant get a new one... not very happy. Our annual 4 day lan party is due one week and rFactor is one major event there :smileysad:

Kind regards,

Jari "Jässe" Jääskeläinen

Old Fart GameDude, M.Sc., Sertified ScrumMaster and all that kind of stuff

Finland

Logi Nu
mdkiel

I have the red FF GP and was having problems with FF in rFactor. I downloaded this software last night and now the wheel works like a champ!

Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Gaming Software 5.10.127 Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7(all 64-bit)

Logi Nu
bar2d2

[ Edited ]

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/4172?WT.z_sp=Image&osid=14&bit=64

lgs510_x64 doesn't work for me for me GP one, but not the none GP version, which is superior :smileymad:

Ridiculous I need to buy a new wheel :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------

Wheels: Wingman Formula Force and Wingman Formula Force GP

Logi Nu
Glando

Hi all,

Just wanted to add myself as another disapointed user of this 10 years old but still reliable Wingman Formula Force...

Come on Logitech, make the driver available (even without Force Feedback) or publish old driver as community could work around it...