Logi Nu
goracer

Re: Wireless Gamepad F710 - Win7 64-Bit No Driver

With no support from Logitech and dozens of tickets closed. Their only resolution is to return the product as defective but it works on my laptop.

Uninstall the software

flip switch to the right for xbox mode

Install MS Xbox driver http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/JR9-00011#support

Then install Logitech software lgs510_x64.exe (weird, shouldn't it be a 710 driver?)

softare wont show a compatible device, just finish

Let the driver fail

in device mge update driver

select let me choose from a list button

select microsoft on the left

I chose latest wireless gamepad and charging station

continue past this may not be compatible pop up

flip switch to the left for direct mode

run the logitech profiler

Logiech, how much are you paying me? You owe me bank!!! :smileysad:

Logi Nu
ttsoldier

Re: SOLVED!!! Re: Wireless Gamepad F710 - Win7 64-Bit No Driver

[ Edited ]

I made an account to this forum, just to say thank you. The solution on the first page has worked for me... While the software worked very well on my old laptop , as well as all my room mates laptops.. It did not work on my new laptop. I had to use the connect utility everytime I wanted to use the controllers.

Again, thank you. :smileyhappy:

"If you have followed Mads Larsen's XBox 360 driver's solution (Link: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/Wireless-Gamepad-F710-Win7-64-Bit-No-Driver/td-p/529974) but it doesn't work, most likely you will need to hack the driver file "xusb21.inf" to include the device IDs of your F710 controller.

This is my F710's device ID:

USB\VID_046D&PID_C21F&REV_0305
USB\VID_046D&PID_C21F

If yours is the same, you may download my hacked "xusb21.inf" right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?06akk8d06l4aguk

Unzip and overwrite the original "xusb21.inf" file in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories".

And then repeat Mad Larsen's solution again.

If your device ID differs from mine, you can replace my device IDs in that hacked INF file with yours."

Logi Nu
Excalibur626

Thank you, yansern!! This is the one that FINALLY worked for me. The downloads that Logitech offered were worthless. My controller is working perfectly now.

Thanks again!!  :smileyvery-happy:

PS -- I did NOT have to change the device IDs

Logi Browser
jigglywiggly

just a mirror or ur modded xusb21.inf

incase it ever goes down

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46294175/Xusb21.zip

Logi Nu
tolkay78

Logitech F710 ile ilgili kopma sornunun kesin çözümü şöyle. Wireless alıcıyı USB çıkarın. Anakartınızın DVD içindeki klasörleri açın ve USB Driver kurun. DVD yoksa internetten anakartınızla ilgili USB Driver indirin ve kurun. Daha sonra wireless alıcınızı takın ve hepsi bu kadar. Otomatik olarak tanıyacak ve tamamen sorunsuz kullanabileceksiniz. Herkese güzel günler dilerim.

Logi Nu
tomi009

still didnt work for me plz help it syas the system cna't find the spacfic file

Logi Nu
tomi009

and here is the hardwer id's if someone want to make that file for me plz help:smileysad: 

USB\VID_046D&PID_C21F&REV_0305
USB\VID_046D&PID_C21F

Logi Nu
nippie221

You da man wheee, worked fine,  I format my drive alot and i used to have to format twice and reinstall window because sometimes it worked without any probs but your solution has helped ALOT thanks:smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
nippie221

By the way it didn't show the file : xusb21.in BUT i clicked on the: Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories and it just installed the driver after a couple of mins and it sovled it mate)  Now when and how much are you going to charge Logitech for your time?  When you do don't forget little old nippie221!!

Logi Nu
ElanEinlhander

Holy cow you guys just managed to fix an incredibly stressful evening for me after spending all of it reinstalling my OS to set up my new hard drives and finding that my game controller would inexplicably no longer work. This worked like a charm and I too really wish Logitech would offer an official driver solution for these kind of circumstances and not just dispense the rehersed lines. Regardless, though, thank you Mads Larsen and Yansern, and an additional thanks to breakfastmonkey for creating such a concise post in how to get this done from start to finish.