Logi Nu
AlexAndersan

Re: Wireless Gamepad F710 with Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

Here is another solution for f710 in windows 8.1 x64. I don't like analog mode with xbox360 driver so I find how to make it work in digital mode with original logitech software. The problem actually isn't in driver it's in driver signature.

1) Download latest logitech driver for windows 8 x64.

2) Remove old one if exist.

3) Close all your applications.

4) Move mouse to the upper right corner -> settings -> (at the bottom) change PC settings -> update and recovery -> recovery -> (Advanced startup) Restart now.

5) Troubleshoot -> Startup Settings -> Restart.

6) After reboot press 7 in the blue boot menu screen to Disable driver signature enforcement.

7) Turn D mode on gamepad.

8) Install driver. Now it works! Software can find gamepad and allow you to change settings.

9) Reboot again.

Thats all (:

Logi Nu
Rockscan

To whom concerned turn off your antivirus then install the driver and it should

give u xbox 360 driver for it to work it worked well for me cant hurt to try

Logi Nu
Korgnex

[ Edited ]

The issues with the F710 and any other Logitech controller are not limited to Windows 8.1.

On my Windows 7 PC the controller has the same issues.
On both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 there are currently no fully working drivers since Logitech has not updated them and I assume the issues were introduced with DirectX 11.1 which is also installed on Windows 7 once you update the Internet Explorer to version 11 - which is strongly recommended even if you - like me - never use it due to the fact that a lot of programs make use of the IE's engine (eg Steam).

I read somewhere in this thread that Logitech was allegedly working on a new driver. Dear Logitech tech staff, I hope you are really working on this since we have to use drivers from a third party (Microsoft) to get a product from YOU (Logitech) working. That lack of support is not appreciated.

I can use my F710 on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 but the force feedback (vibration) is no longer working!!!

Has anybody found a way to re-enable it?

The gamepad itself used to vibrate once you switch vibration on or off but now pressing that button does NOTHING. This can only be explained by the incompatbility between the Xbox 360 controller driver and the gamepad's internal mapping which is not correctly adressed by the driver.

Dear Logitech, please provide us with new drivers for Windows 7 AND Windows 8/8.1 that support vibration. Thanks!

Logi Nu
anggi

i just got my F710 working, you just need to update the driver to use "wireless xbox 360 receiver",

and then it work like a charm, 

F710.JPG

Logi Nu
Korgnex

It is quite easy doing that.

BUT does vibration work for you? Yes or No? On both Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8.1, vibration does NOT work anymore for me and I DO have applied that driver for wireless Xbox 360 receiver.

Logi Nu
anggi

[ Edited ]

@Korgnex: i didnt pay any attention to the vibration function until you mention it,

i guess the "wireless Xbox 360 receiver" have incompatibility with the vibration function, i hope there is an update soon for a real driver for F710 on windows 8.1, especially x64 OS

i just tried on Prototype 2, i switch to "DInput", and the vibration is back, but it feel like the vibration is a little smaller than it usually does on windows 7,

update: 

after i read this post: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/F710-weak-vibration-in-Xinput-mode/td-p/948856,

i tried to use "Duranzo (Xinput wrapper)", and then the vibration on "XInput" is working again, but i still feel the vibration is a little weak than it usually does on windows 7.

Logi Nu
ImeXo

If anyone still having issues with this this is how I solved it without having to install any other drivers.

Press the Windows Key on Keyboard > Type joy.cpl and hit enter > It bgind up the Game Controler panel, Click Advanced, and it started installing the drivers automatically and everything worked after that.

That's how I got that done anywya, I was looking on this site since everyone was mentioning using the Xbox 360 drivers and when i opened up the joy.cpl I notice it installing by itself.

Site: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/connect-wired-controller-computer

Logi Nu
Korgnex

So how do you guys get Force Feedback (vibration) working again?

I guess it's just a matter of luck.

I have FOUR Gamepad F 710 controllers - so it is NOT a hardware issue.

I have both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 x64 PCs. Even if I do a fresh install + Windows updates, the vibration does NOT work on games like "Batman: Arkham City" (X Input Mode of course).

And Logitech has not released any new drivers - yet they said they would allegedly work on them.

Logi Nu
darkmatter313

Seroiusly logitech....what is your problem? I have been using your products for years...after this im done...this company is not what it used to be.

(I have windows 8.1 32bit, I can not get the F710 to work, nor can i get the logitech gaming software to install. Calling tech support was a bad idea as they could not understand english)

Logi Nu
Gaginho

can somebody help me?? I tried all of the methods, but with all of them I failed to make it work... from Logitech I've got a new nano receiver but it didn't solve my problem...the green light just blinking...and doesn't do anything...in the device manager it doesn't recognize as an unknown device, so I can't update with xbox 360 software...I tried to reinstall and almost everything, sometimes it shows gamepad f710 sometimes rumble pad...

So I am looking forward for a solution...