Logi Nu
Hideinlight

XBOX 360 Controller Emulator v3.0

It works great, no more having to worry about crappy support for non Xbox360 controllers.

http://www.tocaedit.com/

Using it with my Logitech Dual Action. No more wrongly mapped buttons. Can also assign the L1 and L2 trigger to the proper button on my controller Logitech controller in DMC4. Works in almost any game with X-input support.

Logi Nu
CyberTod

Re: XBOX 360 Controller Emulator v3.0

Yes It really works and I hope Logitech include something like this official in their drivers and gaming software.

I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. Can anyone tell me if they have problems with vibration. Because with  v1.1 of the emulator I had vibration only in some games (GTA4) and not in others (DMC4, Rise Of The Argonauts, Mirror's Edge), but it worked very good for GTA4. With v3.0 I have vibration in Mirror's Edge, I think ROTA will have too because it uses the same engine. But the vibration strength is very low. It was fine in GTA with v1.1 and with v3.0 it is very low. Someone has the same problem or just me ? Something I can change in the .ini file to correct ?

Logi Nu
CyberTod

[ Edited ]
I am now using v2.1 of the emulator + dinput8.dll from v3.0 and it works great. Every game I've tried works, no problems with inverted axes in games using Unreal engine. Vibration also works good, a strength setting of 600 is fine, this setting is missing in v3.0 probably this is the reason for very low vibration there.
Message Edited by CyberTod on 01-22-2009 03:53 AM
Logi Browser
mihabolil

Hi, i tried to use this emulator, but a few seconds after the "beep" signal the game exe stopped working

The games are GTA IV and Mirror's Edge

Please, any ideas 

Logi Nu
menegazzo

Hello, ( "its me, Mario" :smileywink: )

After the beep my game crashed too.

You logitech guys need please to develop your own xBox360 compatible driver, or something into logitech profiler tool, that will map the gamepad exactly as microsoft f... controller. I have various quality logitech products,but this time (i hate to say that) i 'm forced to get my money back from seller and buy a microsoft product.

Please help us with a fast solution, before your cool gamepads get replaced by microsoft ones!  I really like your products

almost satisfied consumer

Logi Rook
asif9t9

[ Edited ]
Shall I assume Logitech doesn't give and would rather we go out and buy Xbox 360 controllers?
Message Edited by JSMO on 04-06-2009 05:19 AM
Logi Nu
ruckerz

[ Edited ]

asif9t9 wrote:
Shall I assume Logitech doesn't give and would rather we go out and buy Xbox 360 controllers?
Seems so, I got an xbox 360 wireless controller and everything just works (which ironically is something I attribute to Apple). I'm trying to get rid of my rumblepad 2 because of a lack of support. (And though the xbox 360 emulator is a good idea, it's a user workaround. which suggests to me Logitech is not serious about developing their hardware to play nicely with MS software).
I even passed up purchasing the Logitech G7 laser mouse and instead will opt for a microsoft licensed sidewinder X8.  

Message Edited by JSMO on 04-06-2009 05:20 AM
Logi Rook
asif9t9

I actually own a PS3, and it **bleep** I can't use that controller with my Vista 64 system.

So I don't know much about which 360 wireless controller to get.  Is there just one?  

http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-882224022408-Xbox-Wireless-Controller/dp/B000B6MLUA

Logi Nu
menegazzo

I already opened a call at logitech support, and the guys there told me Logitech is aware of the problem (seems to be a microsoft tricky update that f...d other controllers) , but they dont know when an update will be released.

i also offered myself as a tester for the solution, all to save my money for this pretty cool logitech controller i bought, wich does not work correctly for many new games.

I will have to wait (undefinitely) for a solution, maybe a month (my pessoal time limit for this). After that:

1. If support worked nice and i have my logitech working: very happy customer, doing logitech marketing for free.

2. if support not worked: posts and complainings everywhere, telling my friends to buy microsoft controllers...

Logi Nu
menegazzo

sorry, about your question, i dont know if there is just one...

at least here, i found only the xbox 360 original controller (with cord)

the link you provided is an microsoft original product, isnt it?

(logitech must hurry with a compatible driver)