Logi Browser
CallistaM

G510 Keyboard Booting Problem

I purchased a G510 keyboard a few weeks back and it will not operate during my pc's boot sequence.  My system is set up with a dual boot, when the option to choose between which OS I want to pick the keyboard does not function. I cannot choose either one or hit enter to enter one.  I have to wait till the count down is done and it goes into what ever OS is first picked.

I have tired plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, I have installed the latest software off Logitech's site but still no good.

My Specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appericated.

kgober
Kudos: 800
Solutions: 484

Re: G510 Keyboard Booting Problem

[ Edited ]

if your BIOS has a 'Legacy USB' option you need to turn it on.  I'm guessing your previous keyboard used a PS/2 style connector which doesn't require this option.

-ken

I have tired this with the Legacy feature in the Bios on and off and I am still having the same problem.

Logi Browser
CallistaM

bump

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MorganM

Please make sure that you have downloaded all essential motherboard drivers as the issue doesn't exist within Windows.  I would also contact the manufacturer because the motherboard is fairly new and may need further investigation.  As written in the previous post, USB Legacy Devices is the best recommendation outside of using a second keyboard to alternate your boot states until a resolution is found.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
CallistaM

My computer has the latest drivers for the motherboard and has since before I first plugged the G510 in.

Since it has only done nothing but continue to develop new problems since I have had it I can only attribute it to the keyboard itself.  "Support' from Logitech hasn't done a thing so I have returned the keyboard today and purchased another one made by Saitek.

So far it's worked flawlessly from boot to now.

Buyer beware of the G510.

Logi Nu
OverclockedGod

[ Edited ]

Your issue was not with the G510 keyboard itself but your motherboard. It does not matter what drivers you have installed in Windows because they are for WINDOWS. You should have tried updating your BIOS first. I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and I also had an issue with USB keyboards not being recognized in BIOS even with Legacy turned on. I updated my BIOS and guess what, its working fine now! It was one of the known issues with early revisions of my board's BIOS. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my G510 keyboard even when using it in DOS for retro games and apps! ;-P

Logi Browser
CallistaM

I'm glad you're happy with your keyboard.  But apparently you have issues with reading.  I just said that my MOTHERBOARD has all the latest drivers which includes the BIOS. I even double checked before posting here.

Thank you for your input but it was less than helpful.

kgober
Kudos: 800
Solutions: 484

there's only one "driver" that matters in this case, the BIOS.  if you can even consider the BIOS a "driver".

in any event, if you have the newest BIOS and it's still not working, you may need to contact your motherboard manufacturer and get them to release an even newer BIOS that fixes *this* issue.  apparently the current newest BIOS fixes some other problem.

-ken

I am having the same problem with my Intel DP55WG ... its a fairly new board, and I have the absolute newest BIOS update, and yet it still doesn't work.  Any other USB keyboard works fine... including my G15 (yes, I have a G15 as well).

Basically, no matter what I do I cannot get my G keys to work... not in Windows or in any game...

The keyboard is not recognized in the BIOS and I am unable to get into the BIOS using the keyboard either...

It seems that there is always some major problem with every G keyboard they come out with...

The original G15, the letters on the keys rubbed off very easily and it didn't take long before I had to rely on my typing skills to know what keys I was hitting...

Then I got the next iteration of the G15 keyboard, and that sucked because it only had 6 keys on the left side... but they got everything else right on that one...

NOW, they went back to the 18 key design with the G510, but they added anologue sound? (stupid... like anyone uses those now-a-days when USB headsets are where it's at) ... and they removed the cable management feature underneath and removed the extra USB plugs...

AND they totally messed up something up because I have not gotten the G keys to work at all... Thank god I got the thing free or I would have taken it right back to the store and shoved it up the sales persons $#@...

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit...

Used to love Logitech... everything I own is Logitech... I am starting to regret my loyalty to Logitech now though...