Logi Nu

G600 Text Block problems

I want to macro the message, 

Mine opponent, the knave, hath departed my lane hastily! Clutch tight to the warm embrace of the tower, lest you be caught by that most pernicious evil: the gank.

So I macroed that text in a text block and whenever I push the button said macro was placed on this appears

VIL: the gank.be caught by that most pernicious evil: the gank.be caught by that most pernicious evil: the gank.be caught by that most pernicious evil: the gank.

I dont' know what is wrong there are no delay inbetween characters, not using unicode playback, and repeat is none. How can i fix this?

Logi Nu

Re: G600 Text Block problems

I think I may have fixed it by using unicode.

Logi Nu

one annoying issue to this solution is that the letters in opponent the "pp"only turn out as p oponent so i need some help with this still.

Logi Browser

I hate to revive and old thread however this was the only one that I could find which described the exact problem I'm having with my new G700s in LGS and I didn't want to start a new one.

I'm trying to create a text block macro WITHOUT delay. The delay, even 1ms, is too long to make it efficient for what I'm trying to use it for. I can copy/paste manually faster than waiting for the text input with 1ms delay. Unfortunately, without delay, the text block output is corrupted (which was mentioned in dozens other threads without a good solution other than adding a delay...).

This same function seems to work without significant corruption when unicode is selected... however if the text block includes words that have multiples of the same character, it is shortened to only one of them... ie http turns to htp or less turns to les. Very annoying and not useable.

Is there ANY other way to use long text blocks without delay? Can the unicode function be fixed to not trunkate multiples of the same character?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Logi Guru II

[ Edited ]

Copy/Paste or delays is the only option.  People don't type instantly, and programs don't perform correctly when you attempt to.  Copy/Paste gets by this because the program uses the clipboard and expects everything in that format.  I/O often requires some delay between key presses for a program understand everything properly.

It is possible to make macros or scripts to copy and paste for you.  It would likely require a bit of both, depending on how you go about gathering the text to copy.

Logi Browser

The part that confuses me, though, is why it pastes mostly fine with unicode enabled (except for the duplicate letters being cut). That one I figure may be a fixable bug in LGS and could easily resolve this limitation.

As far as Copy/Paste and scripting, I saw some 2+ year old posts by you mentioning the same however any involved external sources are no longer accessible to look into. Do you still have anything available that could accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Appreciate the response, bystander! Smiley Happy

Logi Guru II

[ Edited ]

Civrock wrote:

The part that confuses me, though, is why it pastes mostly fine with unicode enabled (except for the duplicate letters being cut). That one I figure may be a fixable bug in LGS and could easily resolve this limitation.

As far as Copy/Paste and scripting, I saw some 2+ year old posts by you mentioning the same however any involved external sources are no longer accessible to look into. Do you still have anything available that could accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Appreciate the response, bystander! Smiley Happy

I don't exactly know how you have everything setup, or how you are inputting them now.  I do have ideas though.  The simplest way would be to have files made with each text block you want to paste in 1 file each.  You'd then create a shortcut macro that would open the file.  You'd then need a 2nd macro to press ctrl-A, which will select all, followed by ctrl-C to copy it.  After that, Alt-F4 would close the file, and you should be right where you were with your mouse, so it would click and ctrl-P to paste it.  This profile would have to be persistent so it continues to run when switching to those files.  You'd also need a basic script that could use PlayMacro to call the individual macros in order with the proper Sleep() times.

Since there is a script doing some things already, you might want to save the location of your mouse when you start it, to allow you to move it to the exact spot it needs to be when you paste.  This would help prevent you from moving the mouse on accident during the whole process.