Logi Browser
artchik

need help installing new TV cam on my 90" Sharp LED

I started a thread with this issue in the Harmony Remote section, but I realized I am having a bigger problem simply getting my Logitech TV cam (PN 960-000921) to work with my Sharp 90" Aquos LED TV (LC-90LE745U). Here is the issue: TV is setup to use the Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote, so I cannot use the remote that came with the TV to access settings or I will mess up the programming.

According to the directions in the webcam, it seems like it should be plug and play. Well, I connected the camera to an outlet and plugged in the HDMI cable into the HDMI2 receptacle on the television. But I cannot seem to access any way to switch inputs on the TV so I can see if the cam is working. When I look at the documentation for the TV itself, the owners manual only lists one webcam that would work with this TV, and that was a Freetalk model that is no longer available. I was told by Best Buy employees that this Logitech cam will work with my TV, but cannot find any support or documentation for installing an HDMI-connected webcam to this tv.

I guess I was hoping that someone on these boards was familiar with the new Sharp Aquos TVs and could help me figure out how I could get my cam working. I have tried manually pressing the "input" button on the TV itself to toggle through the HDMI slots, but it does not recognize that there is a device plugged into HDMI2. I have tried using the on-screen settings menu to access "Aquos Link", which is supposedly another way to access other inputs, but have had no luck.

I am afraid to do too much and mess everything up. Hopefully someone can get me started by pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I am at my wit's end. It is a beautiful TV and I would like to make use of all of its wonderful features, especially the ability to use it for Skype.

Logi Product Team
pedroc

Re: need help installing new TV cam on my 90" Sharp LED

Hi artchik,

What happens if you change your source/input to HDMI2 with the original remote control that came with your TV? Is the camera getting any power?

Thanks,

-PedroC

Logi Browser
artchik

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to give an update to the results of this issue. Geek Squad came out and were able to install the webcam. They told me that they deactivated all the other HDMI ports on the television to avoid us inadvertently changing inputs by accident. After activating HDMI2, the cam worked just like it was supposed to.

The programming on my Harmony remote was updated as well, so now I can control the webcam with the universal remote. All is working as it should.

Logi Product Team
pedroc

Thanks for reporting back artchik!!!