Logi Browser
gk-wv

UE Boombox (big one NOT mobile) Battery indicator

I really enjoy this speaker, but what really irks me is the complete lack of information on the battery. My first question is this: what does the green led indicator on the left side indicate? This seems like a basic question, however the answer is nowhere in the printed materials, logitech's website, nor this forum. Said information is available for the Boombox Mobile, but not the big one.

Second question: in charging the device, does the charging automatically cut off when fully charged, and if so what does the green indicator light indicate?

Thanks for your anticipated guidance.
Logi Guru II
squeezeit

Re: UE Boombox (big one NOT mobile) Battery indicator

This the Boombox you have?

http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33979/~/logitech-ue-boombox-technical-s...

From that product info page:

Green and red LED indicates power/charge/battery life.
Blue LED (around Bluetooth connect button) indicate pairing and connectivity

Logi Browser
gk-wv

Exactly. I have read that. What does that mean? "Green and red LED indicates power/charge/battery life." So what does green mean? What does flashing green mean? What does red mean? What does it. Mean when you plug device in and it is flashing green? What does it mean when you are playing on battery power and the LED is not lit at all? Will I damage the battery by letting it over-charge or does the device have a battery overcharge protection circuit built in (which it should for the cost). When charging do I need to set my alarm clock so I can faithfully unplug it four hours later, or will the "Green and red LED indicates power/charge/battery life" tell me something about when to unplug it?
Logi Browser
gk-wv

And it is the big Boombox (the 249.95 retail version) not the Boombox mobile.
Logi Browser
gk-wv

Wow - I posted this a week ago, and no response yet from Logitech support. Apparently they are still researching this complex issue. This must explain why it is not mentioned in any of the support materials.
Logi Nu
GetUrAssKicked

I would like to know the answer as well... As i often bring along my boombox when going out and I need to know whether the battery level can last long enough for me or do I need to charge it.

Logi Guru
ktang0717

Just an FYI, the reason why you might not have from a Logitech employee is the following (read the second question):

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Community-News-and-Announcements/New-User-Getting-Started-FAQ-New-to-t...