Logi Nu
rdbmontreal
Accepted Solution

Calls not going through

My wife and I are on a home network through a router.

We are both setup on logitech vid, however, when we call each other we can see the status go to busy but the calls do not get there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Logi Team
SimeSPD

Re: Calls not going through

What error message do you get when you fail to connect?

What does the Vid icon on the system tray for each computer show after you login, blue or gray?

Blue - Online (Top shows Available next to username)

Gray - Offline

You need to change 'base port' setting on Vid when two computers connect from same home router/network . This can be changed in My Settings>Application & Device Settings>Advanced Settings.

PC1- default 9000
PC2- port 9030

Do you get same problem when connecting to a Vid user outside your home network?

-SimeSPD
Logi Nu
rdbmontreal

We keep getting error #12 between our 2 computers and even when we try to call out to other contacts.

I have fixed the router as per the help (disabled SIP)

Zone alarm, accessed it and added program to trusted zone, still no luck.

When this was working the other day it is a great program, but I have no idea why the settings would have changed from 1 day to the next.

Dlink router DIR 615 SIP disabled

Zone alarm supposedly fixed, but I don't get the UDP screen like they show in the help where I can enter the ports.

Please help.

Logi Team
SimeSPD

Would you please try again. We adjusted some server settings which should fix the issue.

For those getting same firewall error#12, who had not been able to make calls to anyone previously,  please refer to our firewall/router troubleshooting guide.

-SimeSPD
Logi Nu
candy888

Hi, the same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, I downloaded Logitech Vid and everything went well. I tried it with my mom and it worked very well. But today, we tried it and we are getting error #12 each time ! We have both the Logitech webcam 9000.

I have windows XP and my firewall is set to accept Vid. 

I have fixed the router as per the help (disabled SIP)

Dlink router DIR 615, accessed it and added program to trusted zone, still no luck.

When this was working the other day it is a great program, but I have no idea why the settings would have changed from 1 day to the next.

Please help. Thanks a lot !

Logi Team
SimeSPD

candy888,

Your issue might be related to the server outage this weekend. You should be able to connect with your mom again.

-SimeSPD