Logi Nu
RachelHenley

How do I take a picture with this webcam?

[ Edited ]

Okay,so I'm not really technologically intelligent. All I know is that on this laptop I cannot take a picture. I can on my friend's computer, but I can't on here. It's odd, because every time I click the Logitech Vid HD tab, this comes up: http://i52.tinypic.com/119qe8m.png

It hasn't always done that either. I recently downloaded a new HD version,I think.? I don't know, but I just don't know how to find the Quick Capture thing. Help? I've been at it for hours,idiotically.

-

I posted this to the wrong board, didn't I?

I don't know,I'm a noob. e_e Just, does anyone have an answer? You guys are smart and stuff.

Logitech Employee
Logitech Employee
MCW

Re: How do I take a picture with this webcam?

[ Edited ]

Hello RachelHenley;

When you click the Logitech Vid HD tab, it will launch the Logitech Vid applicaition which performs video chats. It does not take pictures with your web camera.

You will want to open your Logitech Webcam Software (i.e. LWS) either from the small webcam icon in your windows notification area (which by default is in the lower right corner of your screen).

- or -

By going to your windows start menu. Then go to your programs list to locate and click on the Logitech program folder. Then click on Logitech Webcam Software.

In the Logitech Webcam Software, click on the Quick Capture feature. This will allow you to take pictures with your Logitech web camera.

- or -

By clicking the Logitech Webcam Software icon located on your desktop.

If you do not have the Logitech Webcam Software installed, click on this LINK to go to the webcam support page. Then click on your specific webcam to download and install the software.

Thanks

MCW

Logitech Employee
Logitech Employee
MCW

Re: How do I take a picture with this webcam?

Hello Again;

If you are referring to taking a picture as a display image in Logitech Vid for your Vid friends to see in their respective friends lists:

Launch Logitech Vid and sign in.

In the upper right corner of the screen, click Settings.

Then click Manage Account & Contacts

Then click Change Photo

NOTE: If you do not see your image here, please make sure your web camera is set up correctly in Vid. Refer to this FAQ

Thanks

MCW