Logi Nu
alex53188

new install

this may be a silly question, but can you have multiple callers signed in at the same time with vid,i.e., more than 2 at a time?
Logitech Employee
Logitech Employee
MCW

Re: new install

Hello alex53188:

With respect to a single computer; you may only have have one instance of the Logitech Vid software running and signed into a users account at any time.

With respect to a network; you may have multiple computers each running their own single instance of the Logitech Vid software and signed into different user accounts at the same time.

In the network scenario, you may need to change the base port in Logitech Vid on one or more of the computers to ensure they are all able to communicate properly.

Here is a 2 computer example:

Launch Logitech Vid. Clicking "My Settings" in the lower right corner of the Logitech Vid application. Then click "Application & Device settings". At the bottom of the screen, scroll down all the way in the "Advance Settings" section until you see the "base port" field. Leave the value on one computer at 9000 and change the value on the second computer to 9001. Exit and restart Logitech Vid on the computer you changed to 9001.

Login into your Logitech Vid user accounts on both computers.

Now you have two Logitech Vid user accounts running at the same time on your network. Both capable of making and receiving calls simultaneously.

Logi Nu
alex53189

thanks for your suggestion however I may not have positioned my question adequately...

"Can VID do 3 way conference calling?"

Logi Product Team
pedroc

I'm sorry but you can't make a three way calling with Logitech Vid....might be a feature added down the road.

Thanks again,

-Pedroc.

Logi Nu
Westcoastlight

I believe being able to conference call whether it is a three person or more is very important. Since I am speaking of Vid HD or people using Skype and not calling a phone, I believe this is necessary for this software. I use Vid HD for the largest majority of my Video calling.

Logitech Employee
Logitech Employee
MCW

Hello Westcoastlight;

For a multi-party video conference solution you may want to consider the offering by our LifeSize division, LifeSize Connections:

http://www.lifesize.com/Products/Cloud_Based_Video_Conferencing/LifeSize_Connections/Connections.asp...

Check out the free 30 day trial.

Thanks

MCW