DSF
Logi Nu
DSF

MX1000 Mouse Problems

I just got the combo MX5000/MX1000 yesterday. I set up everything and I really like the keyboard...works great. The mouse on the other hand is terrible. The biggest problem I have is the response time when I move the mouse, It doesn't move the pointer at the same time, there is a very slight delay. I move the mouse, the mouse thinks about it and then moves the pointer. So by the time it gets to where I moved it the first time, Im many moves past. This leads to total lack of control with this mouse. The entire computer is brand new custom build and top of the line, so there should be no problems handware side. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have disconnected and reconnected the mouse. I have downloaded the updates. Nothing changes. Any suggestions????????????
Logi Nu
scolebank

Re: MX1000 Mouse Problems

I had the same problem. After re-connecting my receiver from the back of the computer to my USB hub the connection was much less erratic.
Logi Nu
Jaded

I think it might have something to do with the reception.  At first I put the usb bluetooth receiver in one of the back usb ports on my tower, reception was horrible, mouse was erratic.  I didnt really want to put it in one of my case's front ports because im bound to step on it (pc is under desk).  So i had the idea of hooking up my dell lcd monitor as a usb hub since it has that ability, and i just plugged the bluetooth receiver into the monitor....worked great...briefly.  I restart my computer and it wont boot up, it just hangs there at a black screen halfway through booting.  At first I thought I had somehow fried my pc, but then i yanked the receiver, and it booted no problem.  For some reason it wouldnt let me start up with the receiver in a usb hub.  Soooo, in the front it goes, at least until I step on it.

ck
Logi Nu
TheWalrus

I have had quite a few problems with this mouse as well. I bought 3 of the keyboard mouse combo packs, and the keyboard is very nice, but the mouse is useless. I have had the same problem with all 3 in totally different locations and situations, so I don't think its interfereance or a signal issue. Also at the main location all of my other bluetooth devices work prefectly, so I really don't think its interferance. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I am moving the mouse around through a thick oil on the screen. Its responsive sometimes, and totally unusable other times.

I am quite interested in getting these 3 mouses replaced. I would have brought the whole combo pack back if I didn't love the keyboard so much.I have had quite a few problems with this mouse as well. I bought 3 of the keyboard mouse combo packs, and the keyboard is very nice, but the mouse is useless. I have had the same problem with all 3 in totally different locations and situations. Also at the main location all of my other Bluetooth devices work perfectly, so I really don't think its interference or a signal issue. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I am moving the mouse around through thick oil on the screen. It’s responsive sometimes, and totally unusable most of the time.

I am quite interested in getting these 3 mice replaced. I would have brought the whole combo pack back if I didn't love the keyboard so much.
Logi Browser
mervgriffin

I agree, the mouse is absolutely terrible. I cant believe Logitech is legally allowed to sell this thing because people simply cant use it. Reviews on Newegg are full of mouse complaints, its not a rare problem at all. The keyboard is fine, the mouse is horrendous, I'll never get another bluetooth product even if it was free thanks to this mouse.

Ive placed the dongle on my monitor and on the computer, it doesnt help at all. Ive turned off my wireless modem, that helped a little but the problem still comes back with a vengence in less than 30 minutes. I even removed the battery to my wireless phone but that did absolutely nothing.

I also tried the Microsoft drivers and the Widcomm 3.0 drivers, both are bad. I seriously doubt there is a possible solution for this problem, the people saying theyve fixed it may be speaking a bit prematurely since it rears its ugly head pretty randomly. I thought turning off the modem fixed the problem, eventually I found out that I was totally wrong.

I wish Logitech would stop with the Blue Tooth gimmick, their RF technology was brilliant (I have to use my old grimy MX1000 RF mouse since the bluetooth one isnt even worth its weight in salt). Instead of tricking people into buying this thing they should have offered RF packages from the start rather than putting all their best products as BT only. I havent even seen a store carry the RF diNovo.
Logi Nu
DSM01

[ Edited ]

I recently bought the diNovo kit because I have been impressed by Logitech's products in the past, such as the Z5500 Surround Sound system.  I believe most people buying the diNovo kit would expect a level of quality with the name and price and are likely to already own high end systems.

I was initially disappointed when first setting up the diNovo combo.  The receiver appeared to support a number of USB controlled keyboard and mouse devices but Windows XP pro SP2 and setpoint failed to recognise the Bluetooth element of the device.  Following some research, a call to Logitech support and one week later I had a replacement receiver direct from Logitech.  The new receiver worked perfectly, recognising all diNovo peripherals, happy days.

With my issues behind me, I diligently updated the setpoint software and was keen to test out the MX1000 with battlefield 2.  My disappointment returned, the mouse suffered severe lag and would sometimes stop responding all together.  Much more research and reading of disappointed reviews followed, had I come so far to now contemplate replacing the MX1000.  It seemed to me as it has others, increased CPU activity equals decreased mouse pointer responsiveness.  However, at times it was unusable even just using IE.

Thankfully these reviews put me onto inference and I tried putting the USB Receiver into one of the ports at the front of the tower.  The problem must have been down to the graphics card or something in the computer cos other than the LCD monitor there's nothing else near.  With the receiver moved I can now sit on the other side of the fence with all the other users who have been praising the accuracy and responsiveness of the MX1000.

P.S.  I hear a USB extension cable could also help, I intend to try this too, as it should help prove the point and means that I don't have to keep the receiver in the front of the PC.

Message Edited by DSM01 on 07-30-200603:19 PM

Logi Nu
DSM01

I got a USB extension cable and plugged it into the back of the PC, obviously with the receiver at the other end.....the mouse is still working well....so I pulled out the receiver and put it straight into the back of the PC..........The mouse is still working fine in regular windows and Battlefield 2.  The conclusion being I haven't got a clue what's going on.:smileyindifferent:
Logi Browser
duntuk

the  logitech mx (bluetooth) 5000 mouserate is significantly lower than the regular (rf) mx 1000...

check yourself...  download and run this, hit the "testHZ" button.. move your mouse in circles to get an accurate reading...

with the mx1000 mouse i get: 122 Inputs

with the mx5000 (bluetooth) mouse i get : 81 Inputs

I'll post this in other threads as well, because there are people here claiming that this Bluetooth mouse "works great"--which i suppose is mainly due to them not having the regular mx1000 mouse to compare it to...

In other words, if you compare the 2, the mx1000 (regular, rf) mouse works a LOT smoother than the mx5000 (bluetooth) bundled one...

And yes, i have the bluetooth usb receiver attached to an extension located less than 2 feet away... and yes, i have tried with Logitech's 2.60 bluetooth drivers, 3.01 drivers, and default windows xp sp2 drivers.... with all the SAME RESULTS.

Logi Browser
indyj1902

intersting.. my bluetooth MX-1000 that came with Dinovo also has an 81 rating, have not tried my RF MX-1000 yet, will post later
Logi Nu
McRib

[ Edited ]
Well, I got a dell bluetooth 355 and my input is 81, however it works fine and works when I want it to, comes out of sleep instantly, doesn't lag. I didnt install anything either for it to work. I got no problems with it at all and got it off ebay for really cheap. I saw so many peeps knocking this I was fearful, its all good. Im sure the rf is better, but the bt suits my needs and im fine with it. As for the keyboard I didnt try it, I only wanted the mouse.

Btw- I just installed vista last week and have been using the bluetooth mx1000 without any problems on it as well.

Message Edited by McRib on 10-22-200601:15 PM