Logi Browser
mrjntx

New found hardware with V470

I just bought a V470 and like it, but I have a problem.  The mouse works fine, but every time I reboot  Windows XP seems to want reinstall the mouse.  I get a new hardware found dialog box and it says "Cannot install this hardware.  there was a problem installing this hardware: HID compliant bluetooth mouse.  An Error occured during installation of the device.  Fatal error during installation".
if I just click the finish button, the dialog box closes and the mouse works.  After a few seconds the new hardware icon in the system tray will disappear.
I deleted the LBTwiz.exe - silent entry in the registry.  So now it does not try to do some software update.
If I remove the Setpoint software, the mouse works fine and I don't get the new hardware found dialog box at boot up.  But, now the battery is not monitored.
Any ideas how to stop XP from trying to reinstall the device everytime I boot?

Thanks,
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: New found hardware with V470

Which version of SetPoint do you have installed?
Logi Browser
mrjntx

The setpoint version I have installed is 4.24.99.
Mona

Hi mrjntx,

To understand further, I would like to know which Bluetooth stack do you have installed in your system? I also would like to suggest that you uninstall SetPoint 4.24 from your system and perform a Clean Boot. Once you have performed a Clean Boot, please download a fresh copy of SetPoint from this link.

Logi Browser
mrjntx

The PC is a Dell Latitude D830 laptop.
In the device manager, under Bluetooth Radios it lists;
    Dell Mobile 360 CSR Driver
    Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Is that the bluetooth stack information you wanted?  If not, please provide additional information and I will look again.

Thanks.

Logi Browser
mrjntx

I tried your suggestion, but have the same results, no change.
Curiously, I believe LBTwiz.exe seems to try to update some files.  It extracts the the following files, but fails to update.

kmdfcustom.dll
spmsg.dll
spuninst.exe
spupdsvc.exe
wdf01000.sys
wdfldr.sys
There is also a sub folder named Update containing the following files;
kmdfcustom.dll
update.exe
update.inf
update.ver
updspapi.dll
wdf01005.cat

Thanks.
Logi Browser
mrjntx

My problem is solved.  I found the information below in another post and it worked.

You might try !!!SOLUTION FOR SETPOINT 4.00 INSTALL PROBLEM FOUND!!!

Note the current suggested steps:
1. Remove SetPoint
2. Rename C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys to something else (or delete the file)
3. Re-install SetPoint 4.00 (it will re-install the wdf01000.sys file as part of the install).

Post your results in that thread.

A note from ETD (one of the driver developers):
The SetPoint development team is actively investigating this driver installation problem.

In order to find the root cause and provide our users with a solution to this problem we need to get access to some of the log files created by Windows on your computers.

If you have successfully recovered from the SetPoint installation issue by deleting the WDF01000.SYS file or by following ThePreacher / rlowens INF trick, please send me a message and I'll explain to you which files and how to send them to us.
Mona

Thanks for sharing this with us mrjntx. I'm glad that you got this fixed. :smileyhappy: