Logi Browser
dpstahr

Trackball Bluetooth?

Love and have used Trackman for years. Moved to wireless version for home. Any plans for a Bluetooth version? One that can link with onboard bluetooth of laptop (don't want a dongle dangerously dangling)? Is there any way to modify an existing Trackman with bluetooth?
Logi Apprentice
THeBaka

Re: Trackball Bluetooth?

you know that would be seriousaly awsome to have something like that. would be a great feature request for logitech.
A confused caller to IBM was having troubles printing documents. He told the technician that the computer had said it "couldn't find printer." The user has also tried turning the computer screen to face the printer but that his computer still couldn't "see" the printer.
Logi Nu
Port0

Any news on a bluetooth trackman? I check the Logetech product list about once a month to see if it shows up.

There is a group of us that would be very happy if we showed up one day and found these listed on the product web page.
Logi Apprentice
THeBaka

[ Edited ]
Have you tried calling Logitech Public Relations?

Message Edited by THeBaka on 07-14-200608:29 PM

A confused caller to IBM was having troubles printing documents. He told the technician that the computer had said it "couldn't find printer." The user has also tried turning the computer screen to face the printer but that his computer still couldn't "see" the printer.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bluja000

I've not heard of anything relating to trackballs of any kind, bluetooth or otherwise. But then again, I'm just a single person on a long ladder, so I don't expect to hear of development plans. The forums are monitored by higher level Logitech personnel, so even if there isn't any response, it's not being ignored. The more we hear about consumer needs, the more likely the development teams will start following through. That's how we got some products out, because we heard of a need for it.
Logi Apprentice
THeBaka

even though i am not a fan of those big fat ball mouse thingys, there are others that think my little itty bitty hole on the bottom are impossible to use. But I think they(Trackball) deserve a bluetooth version of the trackball. And not a half $$$ feature one one that is fully featured to delight even the most demanding of trackball users.
Logi Nu
Virgil

Please Logitech, make a bluetooth trackman marble. The wireless version you sell now is useless for a laptop since the cord and attached hub takes as much space as a corded trackman. I bought my laptop with bluetooth specifically with the intention of buying a bluetooth trackball only to be amazed that none were available. Based on the numerous petitions I have found online I am sure money spent to develop such a product would be well worth the investment.
Logi Nu
dgatwood

I found this thread in my never-ending search for a Bluetooth trackball, and I thought it was worth the time to create an account to add my $0.02.

I'm looking at replacing a dying wireless trackball. After my rather bad experience with another company's non-Bluetooth trackball's range (measured in feet with my old computer's RF interference level, inches with my current one), I'm just not willing to deal with proprietary wireless technology a second time, no matter who builds it. So for me, it's standards-based Bluetooth or wired, and I really hate wired devices; they just don't work well in my recording studio.
Logi Nu
jdlguy

I too am on the search for BT Trackball. C'mon Logitech, let's see one soon. I currently have two corded "marble mouse" TBs. Tks!!
Logi Nu
SLMines

Include my vote for Logitech creating a Bluetooth trackball! Due to carpal tunnel syndrome, I have to use a trackball at home and at work. I use Macs with buit-in Bluetooth.

A Bluetooth trackball would make my life MUCH easier, especially when traveling. Thanks for listening!!!!