Logi Nu
rharding

how to connect MX1000 to laptop's internal Bluetooth?

1.  I have a MX5000 keyboard and a MX1000 mouse.
2.  The MX5000 is connected to my laptop's internal Bluetooth.
3.  The MX1000 is connected to Logitech's USB Bluetooth Mini-Receiver.

How do I connect the MX1000 to my laptop's internal Bluetooth?

P.S.  I have a Dell Inspiron 640M running Windows XP Pro.  I have SetPoint 3.30.165 installed.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: how to connect MX1000 to laptop's internal Bluetooth?

Hi rharding :smileyhappy:

Try following the steps below:
  1. Unplud the mini receiver from the laptop
  2. Search for the MX 1000 using the your internal bluetooth
  3. Pair up the device
Logi Nu
dogface

I followed your advice and am only able to get half way there. Following your advice will allow me to use the mouse coupled with my laptop's internal bluetooth, laptop is a Dell M6300. However, when I install setpoint, up to and including version 4.22.99 I get a message saying that setpoint has detected my laptop touchpad and will disable setpoint, if I want to use setpoint I need to plug my mouse into my USB port. I obviously don't have a USB connector for my mouse, MX1000. What (if any) is the workaround for this?

Thanks
Logi Nu
dogface

Oh yeah, Operating system is WinXP Professional SP2. Setup is as follows, Computer is used with docking station, (D/Dock), at office and an MX Revolution mouse is used, Setpoint is fully functional when used this way. I pulled the MX1000 BT mouse from a wireless BT combo setup and would like to use it with the laptop when I'm on the road, I can pair the mouse and use it with the laptop screen but Setpoint won't initialize. I have tried disabling touchpoint on the laptop but it still doesn't help.
Logi Nu
chattyw87

I'm using a laptop with OS-Windows Vista
My bluetooth doesnt seem to be albe to find my MX1000 mice

when i try to add it- right click icon tray -> add bluetooth device -> tick box -> next -> and then i try leaving the basestation pluged in/out and pressing/holding the reset button at the bottom of the mice. it tries to search but cant find the MX1000 mice.