Logi Nu
bobdole

Broken receiver... any fix? / anywhere to get replacement?

Hello all,

The other day, my laptop took an unfortunate spill with the usb dongle for my LX7 sticking out the back... the laptop's fine, but the usb receiver thing took some pretty heavy damage... the plug is bent at a 45 degree angle, and all the plastic parts broke off.. though miraculously it kept working for a while, so I left it like that and threw out the bits of shell.

Now, when I plug it in, I get the familiar "beep-boop" of windows finding the receiver, and it shows as a hid device in device manager, but the mouse is non-responsive.. and no amount of reconnecting the mouse or jiggling the dongle seems to help.

I've tried to get support through email, but it looks like the model and serial numbers were on the plastic bits... and it looks like they won't help you if you don't have numbers.. I can't seem to find them on the mouse or the package it came in...

Is there any fix for this (slim hope).. otherwise, is there any way to buy just a replacement receiver.. or am I just screwed out of $60?
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Broken receiver... any fix? / anywhere to get replacement?

Logitech doesn't sell replacement receivers. Others have reported you can probably get a discount on a full replacement set if you contact Logitech customer support via phone or E-mail Support.

If it is covered by the warranty: Less than 30 days since purchase, you need to exchange it where you got it.
After 30 days, you would be covered under the 3 or 5 year warranty from Logitech.
See here for RMA info.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
bobdole

Thank you rlowens for your cut-and-paste response, but it really doesn't apply to me..

As far as I can tell, the serial number and model number were on the broken plastic parts of the receiver.. so I cannot request support through email, (or presumably, phone.)

The product is not under warranty, as it has sustained physical damage.

I thought I mentioned that above...

so is there any other (cheaper) mice with the same receiver, or are the recievers for the same model even interchangeable (say I found one on ebay or something)?

Thanks.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Have you tried calling them? They're pretty helpful many times. Also, the numbers are sometimes on the tab inside the mouse, next to the batteries.

The receiver from any other 27 MHz FastRF mouse will work with the LX7.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Welcome to the New Logitech Community Forums bobdole.:smileyhappy:

Do contact Logitech Technical Support. The M/N for the LX 7 mouse is M-RBG112 and the P/N is 831397-0000. Do contact our Email Support Team and we will advice you on how to obtain a replacement receiver for your mouse.

If you require further assistance, please let me know.
An
Logi Nu
An

You know, if you live in USA then you can order a replacement LX7 receiver off the website under support (for USA website). If your in Canada then you can buy an referbrished LX7 at factory direct for $10 if they have it in stock.

I recently lost my LX7 receiver so im trying to find a replacement like you. I would really like to know how it turns out for you because most people I know broke or lost their receiver.