- Switch to Details Tab
- Select Hardware Ids Property in the drop-down list

Enjoy!

I consider this should be a sticky

Edit : By the way your mouse will continue to work correctly

Message Edited by Tx83 on 10-04-200608:02 AM

Logi Guru
EdNorton

Re: G5/G7/G15 + FEAR ! Solved ! (F.E.A.R.)

I can see why that might work. I believe by disabling the HID devices in Device Manager you are blowing out the VID (Vendor ID) keys in the registry. This would cause the device to re-enumerate as it did when you first connected the mouse. Maybe the original enumeration info got corrupted.
Logi Nu
Tx83

So, original info is corrupted for everyone who play FEAR when they plug the mouse.
It is a known issue that (as far as I know) no one ever found a fix for it.

Search the forum, a lot of people had this problem.

Maybe your explanation is right. BUT, I find it suspect since using default Microsoft
drivers or installing Setpoint Drivers result in the same incompatibility.
Why does it corrupt the registry for everyone ? The symptoms only affect
one game Engine (FEAR).

anyway,..... I hope those with the same problem will find it usefull.
Logi Guru
EdNorton

[ Edited ]
I never said it was the cause. I was just explaining why what you did may have worked in your case for the benifit of other users.

Message Edited by EdNorton on 10-05-200608:35 PM

Logi Nu
Tx83

[ Edited ]
Don't be so upset, I just told you to think again about your explanation because I found it suspect.
I never said your input was unwelcome.

If you think you have something to contribute, post it !! You are more than welcome.
But I am also welcome to argue with you. I am not frustrated against you or anything, I just said
I thought (and I may be wrong) that this explanation wasn't credible.

I am not here to make anyone unhappy, but I want to be able to discuss this problem.

Now, let's go back to the subject ...

DID THIS TIP HELPED ANYBODY ?

Message Edited by Tx83 on 10-05-200612:52 PM

Logi Nu
jgdiaz

G5/G7/G15 + FEAR ! Solved ! (F.E.A.R.) [ Edited ]
Options Options

Tx83, I tried your suggestion and disabled all the hid compliant devices and it fixed the problem after beating my head on my desk for last month trying to figure out why FEAR would slow to a crawl after I installed my MX Revolution mouse along with my diNovo media keyboard and mouse and my old MX 1000 mouse, I like having a different mouse for games and for surfing the net and MX Revolution works great for web browsing and the MX 1000 is great fr fps gaming.

Thanks!!!
Antec P180 Case, Evga 680i SLI Mobo, PCP&P 1KW PSU, Intel Conroe E6700 CPU @ 3.2Ghz, 2 Gigs of Patriot DDR2 800 Memory, 2 x EVGA 7950GX2 - Quad SLI Setup , Dell 24" 2407 LCD, Logitech diNovo Keyboard & Mouse combo, MX Revolution Mouse, MX1000 Laser Mouse, and MX 5000 Keyboard & Mouse combo, 400Gig Seagate SATA and 2 x WD 200Gig SATA Hard Drives, Bluegears - b-enspirer sound card
Logi Visitor
VladiDobrev

I will resurrect this topic. I am also facing this dramatic frame drop problem with my G7/diNovo Edge and FEAR. Before I had a Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 3100 (the mouse is MX1000), and I did not have any issues with the game.
I read most posts on this forum and FEAR forum regarding this issue. Disabling HID compliant devices helps, but this is only a workaround.
Yesterday I decided I will go back to my MX3100, which is PS2 compatible. I loaded FEAR and was getting ready for a long play. To my disappointment, 4-5 minutes into the game, the framerate dropped, just like with the G7. Now that is a surprise! What has changed since I used MX3100 and FEAR? SetPoint 3.3!!!
This is clearly a problem with Logitech SetPoint 3.3!
A fix from Logitech is in order - when can we expect it?
G7 + diNovo Edge + QuickCam Ultra SE
Logi Nu
Hannibal

[ Edited ]
I use a G3 and am getting the same problems on XP x64 in FEAR......I am POSITIVE it is the mouse or drivers, cause I have speant literaly 100hrs now troubleshooting everything.....then I just unplugged the G3 and framerate went up.
Logitech has to come up with a fix......I love my G3 and dont wanna have to give it up, and I'm NOT gonna stop playing fear.
as to dissabling the HID ID, mine isn't even the same

here's mine.....and there isn't any option to do anything but look at it....
HID\Vid_046d&Pid_c042&Rev_4900&MI_00

I don't care if there is just a workaround for now till a fix.
I'll be happy being able to use the best mouse iv'e ever had, and being able to use my vid card to its max potential, in ANY way possible.

Is there at least a definate workaround? or a fix yet?

Is logitech even aware that this issue could realy hinder peoples thoughts towards both Logitech itself AND Fear?

Message Edited by Pegasus on 05-03-2007 09:05 PM

Logi Visitor
VladiDobrev

I logged a support ticket with Logitech, and they came back and said it's a FEAR issue and not Logitech, so they chose to completely ignore it.
G7 + diNovo Edge + QuickCam Ultra SE
Logi Nu
MAISU78

[ Edited ]
I just built a new box last week, here are the specs:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Asus P5N32E SLI mobo, 680i chipset
- 2GB Corsair DDR 800
- PNY NVidia 8800 GTX
- Plextor 48X DVD-R/CD-R
- Logitech G5 mouse
- Logitech G15 keyboard
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

I bought F.E.A.R. couple days ago, I have this same issue.  The game will run with no problem for 10-15 minutes, then suddently run terrible.  The framerates will drop to a point where it is barely playable.  After reading this forum, I first tried hooking up my old logitech mouse and kept the G15 keyboard, this resolved the issue.  I then tried the 'workaround', by disabling all HID Compliant Devices in device manager, this also resolved it.  I just wanted to post this to show it is happening in Windows Vista as well, I have seen some comments that this seems to be only happening in XP 64.  Hopefully there will be some sort of patch released soon on either the Logitech or Sierra side to address this problem.  It is a pain in the #$@ to have to disable those devices every time I want to play FEAR.

Also, I am running the latest Logitech setpoint software/drivers.

On a side note, a friend of mine is running XP 32bit, and is using a G5 mouse, has no issues what so ever.  His mobo is an MSI, a model in which is not utilizing an NForce chipset.  I am wondering if the NForce chipset has anything to do with this?  Is everyone else on this thread running an NForce chipset?

Message Edited by MAISU78 on 05-24-200711:29 AM