Logi Nu
abeattie3

I Can't get my Logitech wirless mouse to work on my Dell Laptop

I just got a wireless laser remote from work.  I just got the mouse and the reciever.  I plugged in the reciever and the Laptop recognized the mouse but it doesn't mork.  No movement at all.  Just the touch pad on the laptop works.  I went into the Control Panel and under mouse it says that the device is working but I get nothing.  It is enabled but I can't disable the touchpad.  What am I doing wrong? 

Bert
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: I Can't get my Logitech wirless mouse to work on my Dell Laptop

[ Edited ]
Hi abeattie3 :smileyhappy:

Please provide some information as stated below:
  1. The product model details as seen in FAQ#5105

2. If you have the software installed, what is the version 
  3. Your operating system for the computer

4. have you tested this mouse and receiver on another available system?

Message Edited by Mal on 04-19-2007 07:43 PM

Logi Legend
rlowens

What model mouse do you have? Did you install the driver software? If so, what version?

My guess is that you just need to re-connect the receiver and mouse. If your model has a Connect button on the receiver, press that and then the Connect button on the mouse. If it doesn't have a Connect button, you need to use the Logitech Connect utility that is installed with SetPoint.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
abeattie3

I don't know the model number as I just got the reciever and the mouse.  it has a CE0560 and a 3.0v rating the patent # is 5660167
I don't have any software and the operating system is Windows XP.

Bert
Logi Legend
rlowens

There should be a model number on the bottom of the mouse, or inside the battery compartment (if it has one).

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
abeattie3

I have looked at the bottom of the mouse and in the battery compartment and all it has is the dp/n  number, the rating, the m/n  number  the p/n   number  and the s/n  number   as well as a ce number  with patnent numbers

I don't have any other information.  I did not get an installation CD just the reciever and the mouse.

Bert
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Yes, please provide the details that you saw underneath the keyboard and details are:

P/N : Part Number
M/N: Model Number
S/N: Serial Number