Logi Nu
yitzc

LX7 Scroll Wheel Trouble

I have had the Logitech LX7 Wireless Optical Mouse for a few months and it was working just fine.
Then one day, I was browsing a web page with the scroll wheel and I thought I heard a piece of plastic break. I didn't think much about it at the time, until I tried to open a different window on the taskbar (I'm using WinXP Home SP2). It didn't open.
Not only that, but usually when I move the pointer over the a program on the taskbar, it "lights up". It didn't do that. In fact, nothing on the taskbar responded with the mouse (I was however able top access it using TAB and the Windows button).

When I turned off the Logitech Mouse and plugged in an old generic USB mouse, it worked. Tried the Logitech Mouse again - nothing.

I then tried playing with the scroll wheel. Before, whenever I clicked on the scroll wheel to scroll down through a page, it went "click". Now it just "flowed" and went smoothly down without making a sound. I then took a very small flat screwdriver to try and hold the scroll wheel up - and everything worked!
Took away the screwdriver - no response.

Is there anything I can do to fix it (apart from buy a new mouse)?

Thanks
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: LX7 Scroll Wheel Trouble

Since it was just normal usage, you should be able to get the mouse replaced.

Less than 30 days since purchase, you need to exchange it where you got it.
After 30 days, you would be covered under the 3 or 5 year warranty from Logitech.
See here for RMA info.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: LX7 Scroll Wheel Trouble

Hi yitzc :smileyhappy:

I suggest that you contact customer support via phone for information on  replacement and you may refer to the Contact tab on top of our webpage. Another option is to email us at this link