Logi Nu
cascadebull

MX 3200 combo- wont connect ?

I got the combo mx 3200 laser with new system. I cannot get any connection from either the keyboard or mouse. The mouse lights up the green light by connection button but the laser or optical light doesn't light up at all. The keyboard makes a beep when connection button pressed but no worky. The receiver light lights up when pressed and continues to flash for about 30 seconds and goes out. I cannot get into new system as it only has usb connections and my old keyboard and mouse are ps2 connections. Any guidance would be helpful.
Logi Master
advcomp2019

Re: MX 3200 combo- wont connect ?

There is not optical so you will not see a light on the button like optical. You will need to setup your BIOS to work with USB keyboard and mouse. You need to push the connect buttons starting from the receiver to the keyboard to the mouse.
Logi Nu
cascadebull

That is the sequence I was trying. Getting into the BIOS is a problem without keyboard. Thanks for the reply ! 
Logi Master
advcomp2019

[ Edited ]
Use a PS2 keyboard to setup the BIOS.

Edit: You might want to try a different set of batteries if they will not connect.

Message Edited by advcomp2019 on 03-01-200710:23 PM

Logi Nu
cascadebull

Maybe I hung on to the old system too long because since when did they stop putting ps2 hookups on new Dells. USB ports only, no ps2 hookups. It is becoming very apparent that a backup keybord and mouse might not be a bad idea.

Thanks for the replies !
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Hi cascadebull  :smileyhappy:

Have you tried changing the batteries as suggested by advcomp2019  and try using all the USB ports on your system. I would also appreciate if you could check the device on another available system to make sure that the device is not defective.

Thanks!
Logi Nu
cascadebull

The back up keyboard got me up and running. The problem or solution was Setpoint was not pre loaded on computer. I downloaded version 3.3  for my Vista application and all is good now. Setpoint 3.0d was in the package, an xp driver. Maybe its just my silly way of thinking, but you'd think they would ship the latest driver for the windows version they put on my computer. Maybe they would'nt need so many support reps.

Thanks again for your help !
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Thanks for the updates on this case and glad to hear your device is working well now!