Logi Nu
AllanD

RMA for MX700 - Single click is a double click

[ Edited ]
I have contacted e-mail customer support and yet to get a response (this was 3 weeks ago). I filled in every piece of information the form required. Is this a typical response time?

My technical problem is as follows:
I my MX700 will no longer perform a single click with the left mouse button. Upon performing a single click with the left mouse button the mouse performs an undesired double click. This problem occurs reproducibly on two PCs and a Mac (OSX 10.3). This failure is surprising from logitech hardware considering I have had a 3 button logitech ball-mouse from the nineties that still works (router rig).

Thank you.
A

Message Edited by AllanD on 02-23-200709:53 AM

Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: MX700 - Single click is a double click

Sounds like either the microswitch is faulty or the plastic that touches it has worn down a bit. The microswitch wearing-out is a common problem on every brand of mouse I've ever owned.

Since the problem is the same on the other PC, get the mouse replaced or fix it yourself.

Less than 30 days since purchase, you need to exchange it where you got it.
After 30 days, you would be covered under the 3 or 5 year warranty from Logitech.
See here for RMA info.

Here's some options if you want to repair it (voids any remaining warranty):
1. You may be able to bend the metal spring back into a shape that will work. See these instructions.

2. Any standard Omron D2F series or compatible microswitch can be used if you want to do some soldering. Digikey.com and Newark.com sell them, or you can salvage a less-worn microswitch from another dead mouse.

3. After you get it fixed, don't press hard on the buttons (it wears them out faster).

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
AllanD

I AM NOT going to do anything to invalidate the warranty of the mouse. Suggestion 3 is laughable. Not only is the mouse not abused. But is used with the force required to perform routine operations such as clicking and dragging. If the mouse is fixed maybe I should only use it on certain days of the week to lighten it's work load.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Suggestion 3 is only laughable if you are already following it (which you are). It is valid advice to the people that slam on the mouse buttons.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: RMA for MX700 - Single click is a double click

Hi AllanD,

Can you provide me with your case id or your email address? I maybe able to look your case up. :smileyhappy: Three weeks does seem a little to long for us not to have responded to you.

Logi Nu
AllanD

Hi Mona,

Thank you for getting back to my question. I have private messaged you with my e-mail address.

A
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Hi AllanD,

I did not receive the private message. Can you send me another PM?