11-22-2008 06:49 PM
Okay this is driving me up the wall. I've done everything I can think of, from installing drivers manually, to trying different things I see here on the forums to trying different drivers. Also tried unplugging and replugging in the usb receiver into different ports. The mouse works just fine with the generic Microsoft "hid compliant" driver. However, when Setpoint is installed, the mouse stops responding completely. The lights are on, the laser is visibly on, however none of the buttons work and the mouse cursor will not move on the screen. I have to manually roll back the driver to the generic Microsoft one in order for it to work correctly. I tried uninstalling Setpoint and just manually installing the driver...same problem...Same problem happened with my friends corded G5 (the blue lightning looking one).
WinXP Pro x64
Yes I used the 64-bit version of Setpoint....heeeelllp
11-25-2008 07:04 PM
11-27-2008 08:39 PM
Please try the following steps:
1. Exit SetPoint by right clicking on the SetPoint icon in the taskbar and selecting "Exit".
2. Click on the Start button and in the run box, type "%windir%".
3. Open the "system32" folder
4. Open the "drivers" folder
5. Rename the file "wdf01000.sys" to "wdf01000.bak"
6. Reinstall SetPoint
7. Important! Please check and verify the wdf01000.sys is present. If not, immediately rename wdf01000.bak back to wdf01000.sys. If rebooting without this file, it may prevent some of your hardware including mice and keyboards from working properly.8. Reboot the computer.
11-30-2008 09:13 AM
I had exactly the same problem with my MX518. The mouse was recognised by Windows and was working fine etc...
Then I came along and installed setpoint.exe so I could play about with the sensitivity settings etc and the mouse stopped working just as the install got to the 'Finished' stage. No matter what I did it didn't work until I followed CJChew's post!
Renaming the wdf01000.sys to wdf01000.bak and reinstalling setpoint worked for me! It now regognises my MX518 and will allow me to use it fully.
So thanks CJChew and I'd recommend everyone with a similar problem trying what's described.