10-22-2008 02:18 AM
10-24-2008 03:56 PM
I bought my G9 about a year ago. One of the things I was really excited about was mapping modifier keys to the extra buttons I was going to have. It's never worked. The functionality is something I would expect for the cost of the mouse and assumed the issue would be resolved with a software update.
This thread is over a year old. Logitech should be embarassed they marketed the G9 as a gaming mouse while neglecting such basic functionality. Ignoring the issue for so long is aggravating and insulting to those of use that purchased a G9.
I will be making a conscious effort to avoid purchasing any and all logitech products for the foreseeable future.
10-28-2008 08:59 AM
I This sux big time, have bought this mouse to fix shift,ctrl keys, not working and no support for a year.
5.00.175 is not working, and no one fix it, why there is a update button in the first place?
10-28-2008 11:16 AM
10-28-2008 11:31 AM
That is excellent news. This feature is a basic function on many far inferior mice and obviously everyone in this thread has been shocked to find that Logitech a) didn't have this function at launch and b) took a year to respond. I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing 5.1 AND this much requested feature.
10-28-2008 07:06 PM - edited 10-28-2008 07:23 PM
Have been testing this for various solution, thought it would be good to let you know while you doing fix.
1. 'Keystoke Assignment' for sure do not work while assign 'shift', 'ctrl' in any circumstances. Some people recommend 'ctrl+`' and 'shift+spacebar'.
2. For window desktop, assign 'Macro' as 'shift' or 'ctrl' will work. Press record, hold your shift key, release it only after you press stop recording.
3. 'Macro' as 'shift' key do not work in game, and this is a gaming mouse. I use it to play World of Warcraft, it has 11 million players around the world which many of them with a mouse not working.
4. If you are playing WOW, use 'Keystoke Assignment' set mouse button as 'ctrl+`', then assign it in WOW by pressing ctrl+keystoke you like. 'shift+space' will work, but this will cause your character jumping around before casting anything. Yes you are jumping before casting a Fireball.
5. In WOW, you have to change your 'left' 'right' scroll into 'Generic Button' , or a key such as ]'/[;.pl,okm, any key u are not using in game as shortkey.
6. Refering 5., 'Generic Button 1,2,3' are not working properly. Use GButton 4,5 instead, it work. (this maybe BUG)
GButton 1, not working. Nothing can be assigned using this in WOW. Like a none exsisting key.
GButton 2, not working, it somehow pan you camera slightly.
GButton 3, not working. 3 share the same button as 'middle mouse button'. So pressing GB 3 means pressing middle mouse button.
As conclusion, please make 'shift' or 'ctrl' work by adding it in the list to choose, or make 'Keystoke Assignment' working properly both in desktop and gaming.
11-06-2008 06:56 AM
11-09-2008 05:11 PM
11-27-2008 05:59 PM - edited 11-29-2008 07:01 PM
I'm still waiting...(and I'm not the only one)
Message 24 of 30
Viewed 3,193 times
Viewed 3,894 times