Logi Nu
barith

LX7 scroll wheel does not work.

My LX 7 scroll wheel was working a couple of days ago and now it has suddenly stopped. I was able to scroll up and down pages with it using firefox or even the windows browser, but now it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried changing the settings in teh setpoint config and i have even tried using setpoint4.0 but that does not recognise my keyboard or mouse (both logitech), So then i reinstalled the older drivers 3.30. This has had no effect. I did install some speach recognistion software, which i have currently uninstalled (as i installed it at the same time as when the mouse stopped working) but that has changed nothing. :smileysad: I am running windows vista home premium, and my keyboard and mouse set are internet 1500 cordless. could anyone plz help :smileyhappy:
Logi Nu
lensam

Re: LX7 scroll wheel does not work.

Im having the same problem. It was working fine and all of a sudden w/out warning it stopped. software is up to date and the batteries are fresh. It worked again the next day briefly then went dead again. Its only a couple of months old and it was the third one I had bought because of mouse problems. I really like the setup with the side click wheel functions. It works well w/ a certain program I use So I want to get it workin again. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Lenny
Logi Nu
ambrosis

[ Edited ]
This is a problem for me also. I went to bed after a few hours of solid gaming with no issues, when I came back to the pc some 6 hours later the mousewheel no longer worked. I reinstalled setpoint4 and tried to find some setting but with no luck.

I unplugged the wireless dongle and plugged it ijnto a new usb slot, it was reinstalled by windows and the mousewheel worked again. But a few hours later it was not working once more.

Now I can't do anything to get it to work. Have tried reinstalling setpoint, USB drivers, even a system restore.

It is INCREDIBLY annoying.

---
Update:
I've now also tried fresh batteries and I uninstalled / reinstalled the 'USB Composite Device' , 'USB Human Interface Device' & 'Logitech HID-complient Cordless Mouse' from my Device Manager.

I noticed one thing though, maybe you two who also have this problem can check on your PCs, under "Other Devices" there are listed a 'Logitech Pointing Device' and twice listed is 'Logitech HID Device'. I cannot find drivers to install for these devices, they currently have none.

Message Edited by ambrosis on 11-07-2007 01:48 AM
Logi Nu
ambrosis

Another update from me:

Tried the LX7 in my work PC, everything worked except for the scroll wheel. Even the left/right function of wheel works fine, but not the wheel itself.

Also, I plugged in my older microsoft usb mouse on my home pc and the wheel instantly works. Different drivers maybe, but still. Culd it be a hardware problem? I don't want to open the LX7 to find out, will try and return it where I bought it.
Logi Nu
lensam

You might want to contact Logitech, and make sure you have your original receipt. The warantee is for 5 years.