Logi Visitor
timkowal

Scrolling in Outlook

In Outlook, when I scroll up (or down) quickly through my messages, it always scrolls back down (or up) at when I stop scrolling. In other words, if I flick my finger up on the scroll wheel to scroll to the top of a message, it will scroll back down only line when I finish. There seems to be something weird with the software. And it only happens in Outlook.
Logi Nu
PaulMin

Re: Scrolling in Outlook

I am running into an issue with Outlook also version 2003. When I scroll in outlook say in my in box using the wheel of my MX 3000's mouse the scrolling goes very slow. If I use the scroll bar it works fine. That's why I'm here to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I am running Vista and using ver 330.165 of Setpoint.
Logi Browser
silvermine

Same issue... if I scroll up at a quick or even medium speed in Outlook 2007 to the top, it jumps down 3 lines no matter what.... only if I scroll line by line, VERY SLOWLY to the top, it stays there.  Only Outlook has this issue-- no other MS product does this.  I've been using MX-1000 before, and it didn't do this-- only my new MX revolution.  This is annoying-- it essentially 'hides' the top 2-3 lines of emails, or the top 1-2 lines in an email body.

I've tried to play around with the 'Manage programs' in SetPoint to see if Outlook is different with scrolling speeds, but I can't fix it.  I also looked in the XML file, and nothing fixes it there.  No registry that I can find.  My gut tells me that the driver or software is coded to "round dow" when scrolling for Outlook, where it should be "round up" to ensure the scroll finishes at the top-most line possible.  I guess it could be a hardware issue as well with that line of thought.
Logi Nu
ThePalmster

[ Edited ]
I have this EXACT problem with my VX Nano.  I uninstalled the SetPoint software and the problem disappeared.  BUT, now I cannot program the mouse and it acts up every once in a while when using it within a WordPerfect document, i.e. suddenly causing the document to scroll when I'm merely typing.  This never happened to me before and I've been using WordPerfect for close to 20 years.  Prior to the VX Nano, I had a bottom feeder mouse from Logitech which had no bells and whistles but worked great.

The problem is obviously in the SetPoint software.  Given that most of the world uses Outlook, I would have expected someone from Logitech to chime in on this problem.

Other than this particular irritant, I love the Logitech VX Nano.  Unfortunately, this is a relatively serious irritant.

Message Edited by ThePalmster on 09-23-2008 10:21 AM
Logi Nu
ThePalmster

Wow!!!!!  I just solved the scrolling problem in MS Outlook.  Launch SetPoint program.  Goto "Scroll Wheel Settings".  Click on "Manage Programs".  You should see a list of programs there.  Remove Outlook from the list of programs and the problem disappears.  Scrolling and Hyper scrolling still work and the program does not go back 3 lines when reaching the top of an e-mail or when viewing e-mails in the general window.

Now I can say that the VX Nano is the greatest mouse ever!  I think I'm going to go out and buy the VX Revolution for my desktop now that I've solved this problem.

A very satisfied Logitech customer!
Logi Browser
silvermine

You rock!  Did the same thing-- went into SetPoint setup, clicked on the Manage Programs button and removed Outlook... at first, I didn't think it worked, but then I went back in to verify that it removed, and found it still there-- I removed that instance, and so far, bingo!  Perfection.  Now, the 2 questions I get to ponder are: 1) was there 2 instances of Outlook.exe in the program manager in SetPoint-- if so, did that cause issues?  and 2) is all the functionality and reliability still present even though Outlook is not added into the program list?  Only time will tell, but so far, so good.... great work!
Logi Visitor
timkowal

Well I'll be... Genius! And thanks for following up and sharing that fix. I had just learned to live with it on both my home and work computers. It will almost seem weird now that it's fixed!
Logi Nu
ThePalmster

[ Edited ]
One small problem.....it appears that SetPoint reinserts Outlook into the program list everytime the computer re-boots.  As a result, you have to manually remove Outlook from the list of programs whenever you reboot your computer.

Very strange because all other settings are saved except for the program list.  I guess the program is set to refresh the program list whenever you re-boot.  Very annoying.

If anyone knows how to fix that problem, let us know.

Message Edited by ThePalmster on 09-24-2008 02:19 PM
Logi Browser
silvermine

Just saw that too this morning.  There's gotta be some registry setting to change... perhaps setpoint runs a script at startup to add these...