Logi Nu
dhevey1

Setting Macro Key Assignment with the Logitech G7 Mouse and Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

Hi,

I have the Logitech G7 mouse and play a lot of online games.  I was reading about the G11 Keyboard and its 18 macro keys.  I know I can use SetPoint to assign keys to mouse buttons, but in the help file it mentions certain keys (such as hotkeys) that cannot be set to a mouse button.  I'm wondering if I can assign a macro key to a mouse button using SetPoint with the above mentioned mouse and keyboard, so that I am essentially performing a three keys in succession combo with the click of a mouse button.

Thanks!!
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Setting Macro Key Assignment with the Logitech G7 Mouse and Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

The G11's macros can only be triggered by the G-keys on the keyboard.

If you want to create and trigger more complex macros from your G7 mouse, see Triggering AutoHotkey Macros on my wiki.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
dhevey1

Re: Setting Macro Key Assignment with the Logitech G7 Mouse and Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

Thanks this is really useful!  I've been able to write a few pretty good scripts with AutoHotkeys so far and get them to run by scrolling with the mousewheel.  No need for the G-11 keyboard now, especially since I couldn't have linked the G keys to my mouse anyway.