Logi Nu
Sumrall

G500 gaming mouse support

I haven't updated my mouse since I bought the mx310. I bought the G500 excited about using the programmable buttons, not knowing there wasn't even support for macs. Are you kidding? I usually do my research before buying anything, but this didn't even cross my mind because it makes no sense! It makes me want to take back all my logitech items.

I never actually get responses from official forums like this, but maybe somebody knows if they even have plans for the G-series?

Logi Nu
KelchM

Re: G500 gaming mouse support

Have you tried steermouse?

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/ 

Logi Browser
damianicus

Steermouse works great. Using it now with my G5.

Logi Nu
Toinon75

[ Edited ]

Hi

Can you confirm that Steermouse is 100 % fully working (buttons, wheel ...) with the G500 ?

Thanks

Logi Nu
RedL

Or does it work with USBOverdrive or ControllerMate ?

Thanks !

Logi Nu
Toinon75

Hi,

Guy from Steermouse doesn't know and ask to sent back info after test, .... shame for it price

Logi Nu
gmdii80

Dude! i just got my 27" Imac and guess what i found your post cause my G500 doesnt work with it. i had a little ray of hope when i found the Logitech Control Center but LOL it wont detect my mouse.... and your right, i want to return every piece of logitech gizmo i have.

did you ever find a resolution for your issue?

Logi Nu
Dirtydd

G500 works with Macs no problem, their just a pain to configure properly as you need a PC OS to fully configure the unit. The problem is down to the G500 having an onboard memory, using Setpoint on the PC lets one reconfigure all the buttons on the G500 without limitation. The drawback one has on the Mac is that with an off the shelve G500, all the buttons except the top 2 (the DPI -/+) are seen by such programs as USB Overdrive/ControllerMate/SteerMouse. So out of the 10 buttons on the mouse you can configure all but two with the aforementioned software. If you want to configure the DPI -/+ buttons then all you need to do is find a PC or boot up 7/XP under bootcamp/Parallels and run Setpoint. For note when the DPI -/+ buttons are re-mapped, they are still not recognised by the aforemetioned Mac applications.  

Logi Nu
Taddysign

I need G500 driver for Mac OS X. 

Please...