Logi Nu
monkeymeetsr

Logitech G9 mac compatible?

Subject says it all, does this function with a mac? No advanced features, I'd imagine, but using LCC can I map left and right click?
Logi Nu
snapjack

Re: Logitech G9 mac compatible?

I was wondering the same thing, maybe SteerMouse?
SRW
Logi Browser
SRW

Before you buy an unsupport mouse check out the Razer Pro mouse, only 1600dpi, but very accurate. But like many third party Mac input devices the drivers suck, Steermouse is recommended, for any mouse.
CharlesB

[ Edited ]
There is no LCC support for that mouse at this point. If you are crafty, you could in theory program the mouse to execute key macros on a PC, flash the profile(s) to the mouse, and use them on a mac. But, it is a convoluted process and customer support would not be able to direct you on how to set it up. On the bright side, the mouse is also a fully HID compliant device.

Message Edited by CharlesB on 10-03-2007 09:56 AM
Logi Browser
TheRainyRoads

hi, i was wondering the same thing, so if i have a PC i could program profiles onto the G9 and then those profles would work on a mac?
Logi Browser
enzofx

[ Edited ]
Well, I figured I'd try to do the program thing =P
I changed profile manager to save profiles on the onboard memory, but some commands still do not work. Left/Right Scroll using the wheel do not work. Also, I cannot go "back" in a internet browser, or finder window, even through the mouse button 4 is programmed as the default "mouse button 4"...
Is there any chance of a driver from logitech? The G9 is a technically superior mouse, and the closest to "perfect" IMO, I prefer it over my MX Rev.

I will try to tweak programming settings again, I will have to look up some apple keyboard commands =P
I will post back with my results.

Message Edited by enzofx on 09-04-2008 04:52 AM
Logi Browser
enzofx

Yup, you can configure mac-shortcuts through the logitech settings. For command requiring the mac "command" button, you will have to use a macro.

Buttons work fine, I resolved the side-scrolling by using them as buttons for the left/right arrows.

Lastly, It really should have some kind of drivers, the mac has a built-in acceleration that I can not get use to. It gets worse as I increase mouse sensitivity/tracking.
Logi Browser
enzofx

After some time on OSX, I really would LOVE a mac driver. The G9 is such an amazing mouse, it deserves proper support on the Mac. I am using steermouse and it's very similar and supports a broad range of mice. It most importantly allows you to tweak the Mac's acceleration curve, which at default, I cannot deal with.

Logi Browser
Antoinesito

I agree with you completely enzofx, hopefully someone from Logitech will hear our comments and do something about it.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

Hello Everyone:

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I will be sure to bring your suggestions to the attention of appropriate team members.  Here at Logitech, we are so happy to know our customers and community members in particular care so much about our products:smileyhappy:

Keep your comments coming.