Logi Nu
smirkus

MX 518 Mac compatibility

It works fine as a normal mouse on my mac, but without all the extras. I downloaded the control center and it didn't recognize any logitech products connected to my computer. Any way I can get all the other buttons on my mouse to work? If not, anyone have a link to an uninstaller for the control center? Thanks
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: MX 518 Mac compatibility

The MX518 isn't supported by LCC. There are some 3rd-party Mac mouse drivers that will work. From what I've heard you may want to try:
USB Overdrive X
SteerMouse Top
Controller Mate 4

Too uninstall LCC, within the .dmg file you downloaded there should be an application called "LCC Uninstaller". Just double click on that, and the software will be completely removed.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Rook
kirk

Sorry, but there is no support for the MX518 in software for the Mac.  It will work as a standard mouse only.

The uninstall option should appear if you click the installer package again.
Your friendly live support agent! I am trained in mice, keyboards and webcams. EverQuest 2 addict and fan of progressive rock from the late 60's to today. =)
Logi Browser
bousozoku

I'm not sure why the MX 518 is completely unsupported, but I have the MX 510 and it's barely supported. Part of the reason to get the mouse was to get the higher (and adjustable) resolution but there is no way to adjust it, except on Windows.
Logi Nu
deltawardog

I was having the same problem with my mx518, only normal mouse operation with out use of any other buttons. i tried these 3 suggestions and USB overdrive X, and SteerMouse Top work very well (albiet without speed adjustment,) however, they require payment after a trial period. I wanted to try the Controller Mate 4, but i found their website confusing and unorganized so i assumed their program would be also.

Logi Nu
deltawardog

correction they both do have speed adjustment however i prefer the USB overdrive