03-10-2009 09:33 PM
05-25-2009 12:00 PM
OK firstly i am using a mac (g5)
lost my receiver
bought new reciever (correct part number checked)
then went to a friends house running windows on a pc
loaded logitech disc (setpoint)
plugged in receiever and opened logitech software
This Logitech Connection Utility is a tool which allows you to reconnect the mouse to its new receiver. It can also be used if it loses connection without SetPoint installed. If SetPoint is installed, you can access it's Connect Utility via:
Start > All Programs > Logitech > Mouse and Keyboard > Connect Utility
The Logitech Connection Utility is specifically designed for the products listed on this page (below) and used in the following supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
Known issues if you have SetPoint installed and running this Connect Utility:
- The message "Please install SetPoint from the CD and restart this program" is displayed when running this Connect Utility on systems with SetPoint installed. It will work if you launch the Utility again.
- It will not work if SetPoint 2.47 is installed.
- It might crash SetPoint 2.60 version.
THEN THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART ...
How to connect the cordless mouse to its receiver:
- Launch the Connect Utility. (Note: You must have administrator rights.
- Turn on the mouse. If the mouse does not turn on, check the battery level.
- Press and hold the left mouse button.
- While still holding the left button, flip over your mouse.
- If your mouse has a power or Reset button, briefly press once on the button while continuing to hold the left mouse button.
- If your mouse has a slide switch for power, slide the switch off and back on while continuing to hold the left mouse button.
- While still holding the left button, click the right mouse button 5 times, then release the left mouse button.
- Click OK.
If it failed to connect, please check the following then repeat the connect procedure:
- Make sure the battery level is good or simply replace with fresh battery.
- Try it on a different USB port and if possible use a USB extension to relocate the receiver closer to the mouse.
Note: A metalic surface might cause interferece.
and this worked for me
brought mouse house and conencted to my mac and ta da