Logi Nu
stevewitho

A Question on Logitech® Unifying receiver...

Logitech® Unifying receiver used in the new performance mouse mx

is it compatible with Logitech MX Revolution ??? anyone know?

Logi Browser
scrap

Re: A Question on Logitech® Unifying receiver...

Same question...

Logi Nu
almonds

My old mx revolution receiver is broken, so I thought it would be thrifty of me to purchase a keyboard with a unifying receiver instead of buying a replacement receiver by itself. As of right now, I can't get it to work with the unifying software (no detection) and there aren't any resources I can find on this topic. I was hopeful that it would... the performance mouse and mx revolution look exactly the same =( I guess I shouldn't have gone on appearances. I wonder if it's a hardware issue or just a software issue.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
woody

Logitech Unifying receiver only works with Unifying mice/keyboards.

MX Revolution is not Unifying mouose and thus it is not compatible with Unifying receiver.3

Note:

All Unifying mice/keyboards will have the Unifying logo on them.

Logi Nu
JVDennis

Any chance that Logitech will be making a TrackBall with the unifying receiver?

I use the T-RB22 Trackman Marble and love it. It would be nice to free up a USB port.

Logi Nu
firstdan

[ Edited ]

How stupid of Logitech not to make the MX Revolution mouse unifying compatible.  I was about to go out and spend money on one of their new unifying keyboards intil I found out my mouse isn't compatible.  Now I will just keep my money and wait until my mouse or key board fails before giving Logitech any money for a new one.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

The MX Revolution pre-dates Unifying technology, it released several years before any Unifying products did. The Performance MX is a newer version of the MX Revolution and is unifying.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
peshman

Neither the MX Revolution or the Performance MX are trackballs and are not an adequate solution for those of us who prefer a trackball and want one that is unifying. A trackball does not require as much space on the desk. I quite frequently have to lift the mouse and reposition it on the desk to get the job done, particularly on a wide screen monitor. With the trackball I can click and drag seamlessly from one side of the screen to the other. It's a pain in the a.. with the mouse!

Logi Nu
GreenYogurt

Wireless Trackball M570

this one is unifying peshman.

it's my 1st trackball, so I can't compare. 

I like it...the ball on the thumb is a bit 'nervous', so I reduced the sensitivity.

it's got a big form, so it might not be a good choice for small hands.

Also the ball is not 100% smooth rolling... there is a tiny lag when I start rolling from the thumbrest position.

I was pissed off when I found about it, but it didn't actually become a issue as time is passing.

I think that would be a problem for text editing and work that requires precision tracking...specially if the user is a bit nervous! 
In fact sometime I find it fast and precise to use... more intuitive than the classic mouse and the cursor moves blazzingling fast to a target on the screen... yet some days if I am not relaxed when I sit at the lappy, it seems like I can hardly deal with the trackball! My thumb is too tense to 'focus' and 'stand by'... 
The main clicks buttons are OK, a bit noisy and a bit slow however. 
Hard core Gamers would not be happy.
The weel feels cheap... but also ends up pretty pleasant to use. No hyper-scroll.

Besides, I got use to it's shape and buttons very well... i find it smartly designed (only after getting use to it!).
Overall, it's a good design and I am glad I got used to it. The built is weak... gonna have to be careful not to drop it or smash it on the desk when loosing at a game.:smileyhappy:

BRH
Logi Nu
BRH

I have to complain that logitech has dropped several products that were superior than anything on the market. The first is the MX Revolution mouse don't tell me that the performance mouse is nearly as close to the function of the MX Revolution. The second is the Di Novo Edge keyboard, it was the best bluetooth keyboard/trackpad on the market. The battery died in mine so I am forced to install a new battery which is not trivial. You should consider bringing these prodcuts back instead of catering to tablets.