09-14-2012 05:41 AM
My m570 wireless mouse and k750-mac wireless solar keyboard worked fabulously for 6 months. Then I upgraded from OSX Snow Leopard to OSX Mountain Lion.
Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, my mac (late spring 2011 macbook pro) has had continual problems:
- The Logitech m570 mouse and k750-mac keyboard intermittently stop working
- The Logitech Control Center intermittently says that it can't defect a unifying receiver
- The mac frequently freezes for several minutes
- The mac intermittently undergoes a kernel-panic reboot
When I unplug the unifying receiver and uninstall the unifying software and Logitech Control Center, the problems go away. No more kernel panics. No more freezing. When I plug the unifying receiver back in and reinstall the unifying software and logitech control center software (with freshly downloaded copies from logitech.com), the problems re-appear.
What I've tried, all to no avail:
- Rebooting the computer
- Unplugging and replugging the unifying receiver
- Using a different unifying receiver
- Using a different USB port for the unifying receiver
- Reinstalling freshly downloaded copies of the unifying software and logitech control center software from logitech.com (after uninstalling them and rebooting)
- Testing the memory on my mac (zero errors)
- Trying it in two different environments (work and home), in case there was radio interference with the unifying receiver.
- Checking the battery level in the mouse and keyboard (both are fine)
- Turning off my other programs that start upon login
Since all the problems go away when I get rid of the Logitech devices and their software, and then then problems reappear when I plug the logitech unifying receiver back in and reinstall its software, I conclude that the problem lies with the logitech products.
Help, please! I'm back to using the Apple keyboard and mouse, but would much prefer to use the Logitech ones if I could.
09-20-2012 12:53 PM
Seems like an urgent question but no response. I wonder whether Logitech still has an Apple team at all. Squeezebox server is also stuck at the OS 10.7 level.
09-24-2012 08:47 AM
Nothing but a nightmare using a Loitech m705 with Mac OS Mountain Lion.
Prior to M Lion, no issues.
Logitech is asleep at the wheel on this as i was on the phone with issues months ago after M Lion released.
Not 1 software upgrade since to repair these issues from Logitech.
10-07-2012 08:29 AM
Hi all - great to find this thread. Got an mid-2011 iMac which worked wonderfully with the keyboard. Update to ML and constant crashing. Come on LT - get an update out!
10-09-2012 11:09 AM
I use the Logitech Wave, k350 and M705 and it works flawlesslty on Mountain Lion with the MBP Retina. My only complaint is that when I run Win7 in Parallels, the mouse looses alot of its precision in click mode and is rediculously precise in scroll mode (it scrolls 3/4 of a page and I cannot find a way to reduce it to only scrolling a few lines).