Logi Nu
yingjai

Re: Anywhere Mouse doesn't scroll properly after sleep

I have the same problem with the Anywhere MX mouse on Windows 7 64bit.

Another dirty and temporary fix I found if you don't want to unplug anything or restart your computer is to go to Windows Task manager and End Task setpoint.exe. Then go and open the Logitech Mouse and Keyboard Settings and that will start up setpoint.exe again and the scrolling is fixed... for now.

Logi Nu
Thepipe

I have the same problem with my MX Revolution.  I can resolve it by unplugging the wireless USB dongle, then plugging it back in.  However, this work around is unacceptable.  This is obviously a bug (probably with the latest update to the SetPoint software) that needs to be corrected by Logitech ASAP.

System Info:

• Windows 7 Home Premium X64 SP1

• Control Center version is 6.30.41

• Driver version is 5.30.67

Logi Nu
trantjd

I've got the exact same problem and yingjai's suggestion above is the best/quickest way to get around this.  I had searched the message boards a while ago but hadn't found any reference so I'm glad this is getting some attention.  It can be very frustrating!

Logi Browser
andrzejj9

I have the same problem with VX Nano. I started a topic about it a while ago:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Trackballs/Problem-with-scrolling-speed-in-VX-Nano-speed-chan...

However the problem still exists (but it doesn't happen that often with the newest version of software - however still happens from time to time).

Logi Nu
aciven1

Having the same problem with my M705. Tried all above solutions, all bring it back, but the easiest for me is just right clicking setpoint down in the system tray and exiting it and then restarting setpoint. It fixes the scrolling problem, but VERY annoying

Logi Nu
kmg90

[ Edited ]

Glad to see that I wasn't going crazy and noticing a change in scrolling performence when I would resume my laptop

After reading all the workarounds memtions already, I decided to make a batch script file that I would like to share with others who are having similar issues and feel that having to restart the computer, logout or kill and restart the Logitech processes is too much work or looking for an easier workaround :smileywink:

I've uploaded a copy of the batch file I made and tested on my Windows 7 x64 machine and it should not have issues as long as the latest version is installed and with the default install directories used

Download this to your desktop/quick launch bar and run the batch file when you have issues with scrolling.

This is will not fix it permanently it only helps getting your scrolling settings back to to their desired state....

For those who curious to what exactly the batch file does, all it does when you run it (double click the icon) it kills the SetPoint background process and all the child processes (Processes that are executed from the SetPoint.exe) and restarts the SetPoint software in the background (no settings screen will popup).

If you really want to make it totally integrated you could set up a task in the task scheduler to run when this batch command file when your computer resumes from sleep, requiring no necessary work to fix the scrolling issues.

Logi Nu
rkfrenzy

kmg90 wrote:

Glad to see that I wasn't going crazy and noticing a change in scrolling performence when I would resume my laptop

After reading all the workarounds memtions already, I decided to make a batch script file that I would like to share with others who are having similar issues and feel that having to restart the computer, logout or kill and restart the Logitech processes is too much work or looking for an easier workaround :smileywink:

I've uploaded a copy of the batch file I made and tested on my Windows 7 x64 machine and it should not have issues as long as the latest version is installed and with the default install directories used

Download this to your desktop/quick launch bar and run the batch file when you have issues with scrolling.

This is will not fix it permanently it only helps getting your scrolling settings back to to their desired state....

For those who curious to what exactly the batch file does, all it does when you run it (double click the icon) it kills the SetPoint background process and all the child processes (Processes that are executed from the SetPoint.exe) and restarts the SetPoint software in the background (no settings screen will popup).

If you really want to make it totally integrated you could set up a task in the task scheduler to run when this batch command file when your computer resumes from sleep, requiring no necessary work to fix the scrolling issues.

Thanks for the Batch File. I'm running Windows  Ultimate 64 bit and have the same problem with my Performance Mouse MX.

Logi Nu
Kleini

Thank you, your script is very usefull.

But my Windows 7 x64 didn´t kill the SetPoint.exe, so i addet a /F that it works.

@echo off
taskkill /IM SetPoint.exe /T /F
cd C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\
start SetPoint.exe

Hope Logitech can fix the problem with a new version of Setpoint....

Logi Nu
hartrick

Has Logitech vanished from this thread? I haven't seen an acknowledgement that they understand the problem or are working on it yet.

Logi Nu
Xavious

Just chiming in with my 2 cents that I have the same problem.  Win7 32bit, MX1100.  Doesn't happen to me all the time (just woke the PC up with no problems, but had it happen this morning)

Awesome workarounds in the thread, rebooting was getting annoying.