Logi Nu
Time

Cleaning Mx310 optical mouse

I spilled some soda on my mouse, now the left click and right click buttons and are sticking down a little bit.I was wondering if there was a way i could clean out the residue without damages the electronics.I was thinking maybe some q-tips and water but i don't want to try and pull back the buttons or open the shell, for fear of breaking them or voiding the warranty.If you could offer me some advice or good fix that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Cleaning Mx310 optical mouse

[ Edited ]
I'm pretty sure liquid damage already voids the warranty. You might want to contact Logitech customer support via phone or E-mail Support to verify that.

If you want to clean it yourself, you'll need to open it with a screw driver, then you can wash the plastic shell in the sink. Clean the electronics with cotton swabs and water if there is a little soda on them, or just wash them in the sink with warm water if they are covered too. Make sure it is fully dried before re-assembly.

Here's some images of how to disassemble the MX310.

Message Edited by rlowens on 04-18-200710:58 PM

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
Gwalrin

Hello. Sorry I'm bumping an old thread, but I have a similar problem. rlowens, could you please reupload the images if you still have them? The old link is dead. I removed the screw and I'm not sure how to continue. I don't want to break something.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Here are the images I meant. Click for full-size. These might disappear again soon, since my ISP limits the web space I use.

Outside bottom
Outside top
Inside open
Inside top
Inside bottom
Inside bottom step 1
Inside bottom step 2

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
Gwalrin

Thank you very much, that was really fast and helpful! I didn't see there's another screw in the front part... The mouse is now clean and working perfectly :smileyhappy: