Logi Nu
mjoyce91

Click middle button to open link as new tab?

[ Edited ]
Hello, just bought myself a Logitech LX7 Wireless Mouse. Very satisfied so far, just had to use the USB extender to get a better signal. Anyways, I'm used to being able to click on a link with by pushing in middle button used for scrolling to open that link in a new tab in Internet Explorer 7. I was able to do that, but then I installed the Logitech SetPoint software and when I click in the middle button, it goes to a maginify glass to zoom in or out of the page. I need this software because the default sensitivity is too high for me. Does any one know how to make it so that in IE7 I can just click in on the middle scroll button to open a link in a new tab? I used to be able to do this with my Dell Opptical Mouse too. Thanks.

I'm using Windows Vista 32 Bit btw.

Message Edited by mjoyce91 on 05-21-2008 06:44 PM
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Click middle button to open link as new tab?

Set button 3 to the "Middle Click" function in SetPoint (instead of Universal Scroll, Zoom, or whatever) to get it to send the normal mouse3 event to all programs. If you install uberOptions, this will be done for you.

For the other buttons, see How do I use all my mouse buttons in games? on my wiki.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
mjoyce91

Re: Click middle button to open link as new tab?

Thanks that worked.