Logi Browser
Synomenon

Re: "Hidden - d3d window" appears whenever I shut down Win8

I'm experiencing these issues too.  Just did a clean install of Windows 8 Pro. x64 on my laptop and these issues started after installing the latest version of SetPoint.

Logi Nu
kurzu

I solved problem by installing the older version 6.32 of SetPoint.

Downgrading to 6.50 cause the same problem.

Waiting for Logitech to fix this problem in newer version of software.

Logi Visitor
stankay

[ Edited ]

Hello PreserveThe2nd,

The symptoms that you describe are exactly what I too have experienced.  Furthermore, my PC regularly explains that it has shut down unexpectedly but never provides a reason.  Since I have downgraded SetPopint to 6.32 ALL of my problems have stopped.  I think that this confirms that SetPoint 6.50.8 is seriously flawed (with both Windows 7 & Windows 8) and Logitech have accepted their responsibility and are working on a solution.  I hope that they provide a solution to this problem soon!

Logi Visitor
stankay

I have just checked the status of my issue and am amazed to find that Logitech have now recored the issue as solved.  They appear to have concluded that since I have accepted their recommendation to revert to SetPoint 6.32 (which does work) then the problem has been fixed.  Of course the problem has not been solved - because the issue was, and still is, that SetPoint 6.50.8 has serious bugs and STILL DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY.  

Logi Visitor
stankay

Sorry guys but Logitech have not yet provided a solution to this issue!!

Logi Nu
Curmudgeon10

Observation: I don't have this problem, but a different one with a Logitech mouse and compatibility with Windows 7.  It strikes me that of all the devices and peripherals one uses with a PC, the mouse seems to be about the simplest.

I'm baffled why the hardware and firmware in these products is not more fully tested, and from looking over this support forum, it also appears that there are a huge number of different problems, many of which go unaddressed or unsolved.

I'm trying to figure out why I shouldn't just junk this stuff and buy Microsoft.

Logi Visitor
stankay

Curmudgeon10 wrote:

Observation: I don't have this problem, but a different one with a Logitech mouse and compatibility with Windows 7.  It strikes me that of all the devices and peripherals one uses with a PC, the mouse seems to be about the simplest.

I'm baffled why the hardware and firmware in these products is not more fully tested, and from looking over this support forum, it also appears that there are a huge number of different problems, many of which go unaddressed or unsolved.

I'm trying to figure out why I shouldn't just junk this stuff and buy Microsoft.

I too am fed up with poor mouse performance and would like to move to Microsoft - unfortunately they don't make a mouse that works on a glass table!

Logi Browser
BruceDavid

Re: SetPoint 6.51.8 cause problems with Windows 8!!

I have just bought a Performance MX Mouse for my new Windows 8 PC and immediately got the problems mentioned in this thread.  Has Logitech solved this irritating problem yet? 

Logi Visitor
stankay

BruceDavid wrote:

I have just bought a Performance MX Mouse for my new Windows 8 PC and immediately got the problems mentioned in this thread.  Has Logitech solved this irritating problem yet? 

Since Microsoft has issues several Windows 8 updates recently then I thought that I should again try to use the Logitech SetPoint 6.51.8 software.  It installed well and worked until I tried to shut down my PC and once again my PC froze and would not close until I had manully close down the SetPoint.  I have also noticed that the PC randomly re-boots.

I think it clear that the problem remains and Logitech need to solve this issue. 

Logi Browser
BruceDavid

Many thanks for your response.  I have opened up a new thread in the hope that it might attract sufficient attention for Logitech to solve the problem.