Logi Nu
Reldel

Re: "Hidden - d3d window" appears whenever I shut down Win8

[ Edited ]

I found on my Windows 8 64Bit machine, the solution/workaround to the "Hidden-d3d windows" problem was a conflict with Logitech setpoint and Acronis/Seagate start-up services.  I can eliminate the shutdown Logitech hang by removing the Acronis/Seagate services from start-up in Windows 8 task manager.

If I re-start Acronis/Seagate in start-up the hang returns.  I have seen the same problem on three different Windows 8 machines.

Hope this helps.

Logi Visitor
stankay

Reldel wrote:

I found on my Windows 8 64Bit machine, the solution/workaround to the "Hidden-d3d windows" problem was a conflict with Logitech setpoint and Acronis/Seagate start-up services.  I can eliminate the shutdown Logitech hang by removing the Acronis/Seagate services from start-up in Windows 8 task manager.

If I re-start Acronis/Seagate in start-up the hang returns.  I have seen the same problem on three different Windows 8 machines.

Hope this helps.

I am glad to hear that you have solved your problem.  However, I do not have Acronic/Seagate software so this cannot be the cause of my problem.  

Logi Visitor
stankay

I have received direct communication from Logitech and have completed a series of tests which they hope will identify the cause of the problem.  I am encouraged by their desire to resolve this long standing problem.

Logi Visitor
stankay

[ Edited ]

This problem persists.  Can anyone please offer a solution to this problem:-

Hidden_d3d window 2.jpg

Logi Visitor
stankay

[ Edited ]

stankay wrote:

This problem persists.  Can anyone please offer a solution to this problem:-

Hidden_d3d window 2.jpg

I originated this thread 10 months ago and, frankly, I am now fed up waiting for a solution. It is abundantly clear that Logitech are either not interested in solving this problem or are incapable of solving the problem.  Either way, the wait is unacceptable and I have now dumped all Logitech equipment and now use products from Microsoft because they work properly.  Accordingly, there is no need for me to return to this specific Forum.

Logi Browser
BruceDavid

[ Edited ]

I abandoned my Logitech mouse because of this issue and visited this Forum for help with a new keyboard.  After solving my keyboard issue I was amazed to find that Logitech still have not fixed this mouse problem.  On several threads I see Logitech telling people use an earlier release of SetPoint and then claiming that the problem is solved!!!

When will they recognise that the earlier release does NOT solve the problem with the latest release.  Furthermore, they have issued new releases either to solve other problems or to add functionality.  Do they not see that in telling people to use the earlier release they are deproving them of changes that are incorporated into the latest release.

COME ON LOGITECH, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR YOUR LONG SUFFERING CUSTOMERS.

Does no one recognise that it is 10 months since this problem was reported!!!!!! 

Logi Nu
VladBecks

At work almost everyone has this problem since we were given new mice about a year ago.  We have all downgraded SetPoint so that we can work properly but, obviously, we do not get the Latest Logitech fixes and functionality improvements.  This is most unsatisfactory.

However, the end is in sight.  The company has informed us that they are about to replace our mice and, obviously, want our views on which mice to buy.  Guess what?, no one wants another Logitech device.

Logitech has well and truly shot itself in the foot on this issue and may find its market share collapsing as the poor publicity spreads.  Incidentally, promisimg action in the next SetPoint update will not work any more ....you have cried Wolf too many times and so you now have zero credibility. 

Logi Browser
BruceDavid

VladBecks wrote:

At work almost everyone has this problem since we were given new mice about a year ago.  We have all downgraded SetPoint so that we can work properly but, obviously, we do not get the Latest Logitech fixes and functionality improvements.  This is most unsatisfactory.

However, the end is in sight.  The company has informed us that they are about to replace our mice and, obviously, want our views on which mice to buy.  Guess what?, no one wants another Logitech device.

Logitech has well and truly shot itself in the foot on this issue and may find its market share collapsing as the poor publicity spreads.  Incidentally, promisimg action in the next SetPoint update will not work any more ....you have cried Wolf too many times and so you now have zero credibility. 

I suspect your Company is not alone in concluding that Logitech have lost the plot and, being clealy in decline, are not worth supporting.

Logi Nu
boboxi

same problem here. if they wont fix this problem i will never buy any of logitech product again. never.